Newport Central Catholic 47 Covington Catholic 38

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all! :irked: During the great years (and CovCath has had many of them) or the not so great years (and CovCath has had those too) I have always said this about CovCath. Go ahead, go through my over 4,600 posts or so, and you will see that I have always posted that Sports are for fun, but a education last a lifetime.

Of course sports are just for fun when the football and basketball teams are way down. I wonder if Brossart was having fun before he was ran out.

I think CovCath goes 9-16 and loses in first round of District simply because they will most likely get the 4 seed and face Holmes. 9-17 is my prediction and a very rough year for everyone in that school system. First the football season and all of its drama and then Shover's illness. I hope things turn around for the Colonels.

I think CovCath goes 9-16 and loses in first round of District simply because they will most likely get the 4 seed and face Holmes. 9-17 is my prediction and a very rough year for everyone in that school system. First the football season and all of its drama and then Shover's illness. I hope things turn around for the Colonels.

I think the rest of the season depends on if Shover is back for the HC game or not. From what I'm hearing, he might be back for it which would be a huge boost whether he's 100% or not.

If it's not mandatory why did he miss the game then? Can't say that I understand it. I know Isler, Ives, Counts, and Sorrell are all seniors as well and none of those missed last night's game.

Retreats occur throughout the school year. Some of the boys you mention may have already attended one or will attend on in the spring.

No clue if its mandatory but its a must. Every boy I know that has gone through it said it was an awesome experience and a great part of their high school experience. Coach L knows that , too.

I'm glad Luke took advantage of this opportunity.

Thelen should be out the rest of the season with a broken elbow from what i've heard.

Wow. That's unfortunate for both him and team. He has turned into THE inside scoring option.

Strange year in Park Hills with injuries and illnesses.

:lol::lol: Really? I think just about every catholic school in the region is that way not just the one and only Cov Cath.

As for sports being third at Cov Cath. I think just about every catholic school in the region put Religion and Education first not just the one and only Cov Cath.

I don't think TheOldGuy or anyone meant to imply that no one else is that way- he (we) was just saying that, contrary to public opinion, sports take a backseat to other things at CovCath- and therefore we would always say that retreat is more important than sports, and support anyone who had to miss a sporting event.

Retreats occur throughout the school year. Some of the boys you mention may have already attended one or will attend on in the spring.

No clue if its mandatory but its a must. Every boy I know that has gone through it said it was an awesome experience and a great part of their high school experience. Coach L knows that , too.

I'm glad Luke took advantage of this opportunity.

:thumb:

Maile did not know he was playing basketball. The other players you mentioned Eta Rho went on the first retreat sometime in the early fall. Luke happened to fall on this date. It is a fact that retreat is optional but usually 95-100% of the students do go on them.

Maile did not know he was playing basketball. The other players you mentioned Eta Rho went on the first retreat sometime in the early fall. Luke happened to fall on this date. It is a fact that retreat is optional but usually 95-100% of the students do go on them.

Can we stop talking about this retreat thing and Maile? Seriously, so lets say he skips it and plays and they win. So what? Its a game and I doubt Luke will remember the NCC game 20 yrs from now but will probably remember the retreat for a lifetime like Oldguy said.

I am more interested in hearing about the game and matchups, etc.

Thanks for clearing that up for me as I didn't know. :thumb:

Wow...Covcath just got even thinner inside than they already are.

As OYYT said though, atleast he's still got two more years.

I dont know, from the looks of the picture in the paper this morning that Jordan Counts kid sure has some PIPES. :eek: