Everything posted by bountyhunter
-
Coaches On BGP
Call me naive but I would say that coaches would be the homers that pump their program regardless of what is said or how bad a particualr poster thinks they may have played. I doubt coaches are raging on their own team because I would think it would be an attack on themselves and their ability to prepare a kid to play on Friday. If a coach felt strongly enough to blast a kid on a message board wouldn't he also be able to sit that kid down and not play him. I just don't envision attacks on kids by someone that coaches him or her
-
Central 23 Male 10
We may need a 3rd party to confirm but it is my understanding that Central was never included in the quotas that restricted the other schools because they filled those minority quotas with english as a second language students which is why they have so many foreign students. Most of which are from Africa making them minorites but also meaning that the are black. They do not have that many white kids I would say less than 10%. Kids born and raised in Louisville do not go to Male or Manual because they failed to get into Central. Especially not athletes. Granted they are not suppose to use athletics as a cause for entrance but I am sure that the admissions committee looks for a certain amount of athletes so that they can atleast field teams in all the sports. Extracurricular activities regardless of what they are have to carry more weight than someone with the same grades who does nothing else but attend school.
-
Do the Coaches know yet?
Yeah the high school games.
-
Do the Coaches know yet?
Any of the coaches heard anything about when this weekends games will be played?
-
Central 23 Male 10
Not sure that Central's success will ever effect Male because those students are in the traditional program and the reason that a majority of those kids parents put them in the traditional program is so that they can go to Male. Those kids that can get into Manual choose Manual for the academics. Central doesn't have a feeder school and gets whats left from those 2 schools sort to say. In a lot of ways that is still not anything to look down your nose at because they do a heck of a lot with what they have. The entire Culture of Central football has changed under the direction of Ty Scroggins. Maybe in a few years we will be talking about parents choosing Central over Male and Manual. Can anyone say DYNASTY.
-
St.X/Male Predictions
We can both specualte as to what he meant but one doesn't right lacks discipline when he means to say they can let their nerves get to them. Having seen both games I can tell you that the team that showed up against Manual was night and day from the one that beat Male. They had 8 turnovers vs Manual and none vs. Male that and controlling the line of scrimmage were the difference. That being said I think Male keeps it close.
-
St.X/Male Predictions
- Johnson Central 35 Bryan Station 31
I would have loved to of seen them come to Louisville to play Louisville Central. That next to Male - X would have have been the top game in the state. It might have been a shock for JC though. Anybody that went to that game will tell you the atmosphere over there was bananas. Everyone from the team to the dancers to the cheerleaders to the band to the parents put on a first class show.- St.X/Male Predictions
Male doesn't seem to be able to throw the ball and I think you have to be balanced to beat X. It would appear that they only threw the ball out of desperation against Central other than when they got into an empty set earlier which they had success on for one big play. But Central blitzed everyone and played man to man and Male went away from it.- Central 23 Male 10
I agree with the assessment that Central should have won the Manual game and coach Nichols says the same thing but I digress. I will say that the score board doesn't reflect the domination of Central over Male. They were robbed on a clear TD late in the 4th and missed a wide open receiver on an over thrown ball on the first play of the game. Males only TD was a result of an obvious blown coverage because nobody lined up over the TD in an empty formation that resulted in Male's biggest gain of the night. Central made great adjustments at halftime and controlled the LOS and the time of possession. Not sure that Male had a first down in the second half.- DuPont Manual 34 Lou. Central 28
If beating up on smaller slower schools during the regular season and then getting beat in the semi finals or finals of the playoffs is your defintition of anywhere then I am sure Central would rather take a couple of L's against the big boys if the end result is a RING.:sssh:- What's the one thing you want to see from the 2008 season?
I would like to see Louisville Central turn the corne and actually beat some of the big boys this year. They have arguably the toughest schedule in the state. Playing the big boys helped them in the 3a playoffs but not beating any of those guys drained some fan support. There games should be sold out and beating the big boys this year will be a big key to regular season fan support- Best Lineman Class of 2011
I know that its the dead period but are we really going to debate who the top Sophmore to be lineman in the state is.- Daniel Vogelsang
Not sure that them landing one TE means that they could not still offer and land Vogelsang. How they project the current TE's on the roster and what seniors are graduating will determine how many TE's a school signs in one year.- Cobble commits to UK
Louisville Central DT Mister Cobble commits to UK after attending camp. 1 down 4 to go. From what I here they could have as many as 4 D1 seniors off of that defense this year. Not to mention the MLB and Nose tackle who are only going to be juniors. I think that the biggest misconception about Cobble is that he is only 6'. I have seen him up close and he is every bit of six one and a half if not six two. Not sure of what the staff at UofL is looking for but UK seems to be putting in a lot of face time here in the Ville. I am both a Central and UofL fan and would have loved to of seen him in the red and black.- Improved teams in 2008
From what I have seen this summer Doss has some of the least known skill position guys in Jefferson County. They have been showing very well in the 7on7 tournaments. They have shown the ability to both move the ball underneath and to hurt you deep and that is without in my opinion their top receiver (Cameron Clemons) They are senior heavy which creates a since of urgency in my opinion. Not sure how it will all play out because I am not sure what they have coming back on the O-line but the fact that the playoffs are cross district this year means that they don't have to face John Hardin as early which may give them even more experience and confidence. Coach Farmer is doing a great job of getting the kids to buy into a spread attack considering coach Scroggins was ran primarily a pro set triple option scheme.- Questions about the Double Wing
I think both Desales and Central use it. Desales more to run the wing t and Central more to run the option.- Strongest returning players for 2008
I had a coach tell me long time ago that they don't put much stock in the squat and bench because there are guys that never can transfer them into athletic ability. He gave an example of the kickers in college squating more than linebackers but not being able to transfer that into tackling guys. He also said that lineman that bench the most but get bull rushed because they have bad feet or poor technique. He did say that he puts more stock in the clean and the short shuttle because they better show the explosiveness of a player and I have noticed that the better players also have the better numbers in these two skills.- KHSAA posts 09-10 schedule info
Having not been an expert and having only seen the comments about this I would say that they made these adjustments so that everyone is playing district games at the same time so that it makes it easier to schedule the other games. In a 4 team district which most are and everyone is playing district games the same weeks then it means that for the most part everyone is looking for non district games for the same weeks making it easier to find good games and not having to schedule someone because you couldn't find anybody else open that week.- 2008 Central
I would think that despite losing some horses on the offensive side of the ball that the offense will look better this year because it will look more like a Scroggins coached offense with more double wing sets and more triple option which on the high school level is a beast to prepare for. Not sure who on the roster is going to replace Wadlington on that D-line but who ever it is will have some big shoes to fill. Bringing back 7-8 starters and having some guys that didn't start but played alot back means that the defense that looked like the best in the state in the playoffs should pick up where they left off.- KHSAA Football draft alignment for 2009 and 2010:
Outside of the cost you have to take in to consideration that allowing a team from 6A to move down creates an unfair competition advantage for the 6A school because the pool of players and depth that they are going to have the first day of practice not taking into consideration caoch or scheme or any of that is an advantage.- KHSAA Football draft alignment for 2009 and 2010:
Not Sure about all classes but I believe that Russellville should be 1A and that Highlands should be 3A. Also maybe Somerset should be 1A. I am sure that the number cant be more that 4 or 5 teams that actually do it.- Can anyone beat Trinity? In the post season...
The key is shortening the game and by that I mean by running the ball successfully and limiting the offensive possessions. I would think that someone that runs the veer or option would have the best luck along with a philosophy of watching the referee start the play clock and not snap the ball until there are 2 or 3 seconds left on the play clock. Have your backs and oline get up slow and stay in bounds. For the most part their depth and offensive coaches are good enough to scheme you and score points you just have to hope to limit them to under 8 possessions. The fewer the better.- 2008 DuPont Manual
Maybe last shot was a bad use of words but let me say this I have seen Nichols at nearly every little league in the county and with the fact that there are 4.0 students getting denied at Manual you can not tell me that he is able to get alot of the kids that he wants into Manual. He may get 4 or 5 that would normally be rejected. Would he have that problem at a Ballard or a PRP the answer is No. Being top 10 is only good for so long. There comes a time when you have to beat the big boys. I think Coach realizes this and thus the staff shake up. Which again might pay off for him but I call on the phylosophy of if it ain't broke don't fix it. The OC didn't leave for J-town he was let go by Nichols. If someone has some insight as to why other than the fact that he thought that him calling the plays was going to be the difference in competing and winning then feel free to shed some light.- 2008 DuPont Manual
I think Nichols knows this is probably his last shot at getting it done. Harness is a SR and the administration doesn't cut him any slack because of their obsession with CATS scores. I am suprised he isn't at PRP or Butler or even Ballard. I will admit that the offense has been an issue later in the season and that a change in philosophy may benefit this team. I do still think that they will run the wing t but with some different wrinkles. With their size up front and their skill positions I would love to see them in a 2 back I set more running the ball doen peoples throats. Their playaction game is under rated and something to continue to build on. - Johnson Central 35 Bryan Station 31