Daniel Vogelsang

The TE from Lex Cath was camping at UC today, and while I wasn't there, the reports I got were he had an excellent showing. My guy said while he didn't have any D1 offers yet, there will be plenty from what he saw this morning. Just thought I'd pass it along...

He is an awesome kid and has a ton of potential! He's the kind of kid you would love to see your son grow up like.

That's the kind of kid this staff targets HARD. Was told he suffered a bit of a leg injury today, but didn't let it phase him one bit. Big time competitor was the word from a guy that has been watching these type camps for a long time...

He is the best tight end in KY this year, and is very big and strong built well, works hard so I was told.

Best TE in KY this year is generally believed to be Jordan Aumiller from Boyle Co, who is one of the top 5-10 prospects in the state (Whiting, Finch, Greene, Cobble and so forth) this year.

Vogelsang could be one of those under tha radar kids that performs well this year.

May depend on offensive scheme.

The TE position is evolving...guys who can run and who can block, built on speed quickness and athleticism.

True TE of today are seen more as a blocking TE.

Aumiller is very athletic, had to play QB some last year.

Will definitely redshirt so he will bulk up some, but is a kid who does not lose speed once pads are put on...some kids look good and fast in the 40 yeard dash but times slow when pads are on.

UC just landed a TE from Indy, so it looks like Vogelsang will land elsewhere. Hopefully the good camp at UC helps him land at a BCS school...

Does Uof L show any interest? Kentucky recently signed a TE so I don't think they will offer.

UC just landed a TE from Indy, so it looks like Vogelsang will land elsewhere. Hopefully the good camp at UC helps him land at a BCS school...

Not sure that them landing one TE means that they could not still offer and land Vogelsang. How they project the current TE's on the roster and what seniors are graduating will determine how many TE's a school signs in one year.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13