Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaches On BGP

Featured Replies

With BGP being the dominant source for sports, its not a stretch to think that coaches read and post on here.

 

I know we have one coach who has reveled his ID.

 

Would it upset you as a fan or a parent of a player to find out that a coach of your team posted negative comments about your team's players/your son on here?

 

Or should the parents/fans just accept it since they're probably blasting the kids in the lockerroom as well?

 

What if you're a principal? Would you allow your coaches to post on BGP?

  • Replies 107
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be interesting!!!!!

I think it's a fine line on certain things. I think it would be a problem if a coach publicly stated something negative about one of his players, because I think that should be taken care of in the locker room. But outside of that I see no problem with it. They've got valuable insight into the game, and if they want to give out information on their own team as well, well that's their prerogative.

  • Author
I think it's a fine line on certain things. I think it would be a problem if a coach publicly stated something negative about one of his players, because I think that should be taken care of in the locker room. But outside of that I see no problem with it. They've got valuable insight into the game, and if they want to give out information on their own team as well, well that's their prerogative.

 

Are you only bothered if its about a "player?" What if the coach out of frustration disparages either the whole team, a unit of the team, a group of players, etc?

 

We see parents get frustrated and post on here but they're not "the team" as a coach is.

 

What would you tell your coach if you were the principal/AD?

Funny I just had this conversation with someone on BGP about this. :sssh:

 

I think a coach has every right to be a member of BGP if they want. However I would urge them to use extreme caution on revealing their identity.

I thought all coaches got a free membership?

I thought all coaches got a free membership?

 

All Head Coaches get a free membership.

Funny I just had this conversation with someone on BGP about this. :sssh:

 

I think a coach has every right to be a member of BGP if they want. However I would urge them to use extreme caution on revealing their identity.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

 

It's an internet message board. Nothing more and as long as you do not take it out of that perameter everything is fine. I forgot the coaches' name (I believe Coach Mike Jackson from Pikeville) the man had to come on here and defend accusations against. We all know players and parents read this stuff and sometimes we just have to stand up for ourselves as coaches otherwise that is a whole lot of trust that is lost with the most important factor of any high school football program, the players!

 

kydlineguy

Since I am one of the folks this thread is about I thought I would respond. I think everyone knows I am a coach. (Not a head coach) I use this board as a source of information about football across the state. I also enjoy discussion in other forums besides High School football. The number one purpose is for fun. I love getting my friends fired up.

 

Never have I tried to hide behind a screen name. Don't want to. But others in the community across the state can get on here hide behind screen names and take shots at coaches, programs and kids. So I choose to be a member for the purpose to set the record straight. Does this hurt the program? I don't think so, because when kids get on here and read where parents and others are attacking their coaches I think they should see Coaches stand up for them and there programs. This is nothing I wouldn't do in public eye. Of course people who know me know I don't mind saying whats on my mind.

 

I hope I have never and never plan on talking bad about any kid.

 

So I choose not hide behind a name. The moment I used my screen name everyone in my community knew who I was. I hope by being a member on the site I add to good discussion.

With BGP being the dominant source for sports, its not a stretch to think that coaches read and post on here.

 

I know we have one coach who has reveled his ID.

 

Would it upset you as a fan or a parent of a player to find out that a coach of your team posted negative comments about your team's players/your son on here?

 

Or should the parents/fans just accept it since they're probably blasting the kids in the lockerroom as well?

 

What if you're a principal? Would you allow your coaches to post on BGP?

 

How would a principal have any say in what a coach does in his/her private time?

Since I am one of the folks this thread is about I thought I would respond. I think everyone knows I am a coach. (Not a head coach) I use this board as a source of information about football across the state. I also enjoy discussion in other forums besides High School football. The number one purpose is for fun. I love getting my friends fired up.

 

Never have I tried to hide behind a screen name. Don't want to. But others in the community across the state can get on here hide behind screen names and take shots at coaches, programs and kids. So I choose to be a member for the purpose to set the record straight. Does this hurt the program? I don't think so, because when kids get on here and read where parents and others are attacking their coaches I think they should see Coaches stand up for them and there programs. This is nothing I wouldn't do in public eye. Of course people who know me know I don't mind saying whats on my mind.

 

I hope I have never and never plan on talking bad about any kid.

 

So I choose not hide behind a name. The moment I used my screen name everyone in my community knew who I was. I hope by being a member on the site I add to good discussion.

 

You certainly do add to the discussion. :thumb:

How would a principal have any say in what a coach does in his/her private time?

 

A principal may not be able to dictate what a coach does in his private time, but I assure you that a principal cares about it. If a coach were to be arrested in his private life for something that brings dishonor to himself and the school, I would assume the principal would strongly consider whether the coach needs to be at that school. So, along those same lines, if it were clearly known that a coach were on this forum taking shots at his players, staff, parents, other schools, whomever - I would also think that a principal might have some serious concerns about this coach.

Free country. Free speech. Entitlement to opinion or observations. Let them post away!!!

Free country. Free speech. Entitlement to opinion or observations. Let them post away!!!

 

I don't think anyone was claiming it was a violation of law or First Amendment privileges for them to post/not to be able to post, but whether it's appropriate for a coach to post negative comments about his own team/players on a public forum. And, in that situation, I can't imagine anyone would what their own coach doing this. Simply to express an opinion or add insight? Sure. To rip your own players/school/other schools/players? Not proper, IMO. Coaches should be operating a bit higher ethical plane than other posters on this site.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.