Improved teams in 2008

Who are some of the teams that may not have done alot in the past couple of years but look to have alot coming back or to be much improved this year?

I can think of a couple...

Campbellsville....Sounds like they have alot coming back and although weren't one of the elite 1a teams last year, were in that 2nd tier of teams behind Beechwood, LCA, Mayfield and Frankfort....Could be a team to look out for....

Calloway Co....Coming off a 6-4 season with virtually everyone back and most importantly, there key players, WR, QB and RB, who made alot of the plays last year...Plus, Lone Oak will be coming back to reality this year, so, this could be a serious 4a contender from the west...

Who else may fit into that roll and please don't mention teams like Highlands, Beechwood, BGreen, Trinity and St X...I think everyone is well aware that these teams will be contenders....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campbellsville....Sounds like they have alot coming back and although weren't one of the elite 1a teams last year, were in that 2nd tier of teams behind Beechwood, LCA, Mayfield and Frankfort....Could be a team to look out for....

So you're saying Campbellsville will reach the State Semi-Finals? Last season they took one on the chin in the regional finals vs. Hazard. Hazard returns nearly everyone from that same team.

North Laurel will be improved from their 1-9 2007 campaign. They have a lot of young hungry talent and the numbers are way up. Their offseason program seems to be on very solid ground. I see the potential for a 5-5 season and back to the playoffs. However, for Coach Abbott and his staff, this is a year where the Jaguars MUST show improvement from 2007. I think they will. However, some of this young group are a bit over enthusiastic and they must contain that and focus their energy to their play on the field. If they do that, they will be a much improved team IMHO.

North Laurel will be improved from their 1-9 2007 campaign. They have a lot of young hungry talent and the numbers are way up. Their offseason program seems to be on very solid ground. I see the potential for a 5-5 season and back to the playoffs. However, for Coach Abbott and his staff, this is a year where the Jaguars MUST show improvement from 2007. I think they will. However, some of this young group are a bit over enthusiastic and they must contain that and focus their energy to their play on the field. If they do that, they will be a much improved team IMHO.

I think both Laurel co schools will be much improved.

Who are some of the teams that may not have done alot in the past couple of years but look to have alot coming back or to be much improved this year?

I can think of a couple...

Calloway Co....Coming off a 6-4 season with virtually everyone back and most importantly, there key players, WR, QB and RB, who made alot of the plays last year...Plus, Lone Oak will be coming back to reality this year, so, this could be a serious 4a contender from the west...

Who else may fit into that roll and please don't mention teams like Highlands, Beechwood, BGreen, Trinity and St X...I think everyone is well aware that these teams will be contenders....

Lone Oak coming back to reality this year ???

I wouldn't be surprised if Lone Oak ran the table again during the regular season. Especially, since they host both Hopkins Co Central & Calloway

County.

Lone Oak defense should be downright Nasty this year & the offense will be high octane. The cupboard isn't bare. Look for the Oakers to go deep in the playoffs!

Don't know about Campbellsville, but Calloway should be solid. Their many returnees have been well documented already on this board. Hopkins Central will be very good as well. Unless Brown throws it to himself just don't see that many weapons for Lone Oak. And their home field has not traditionally been a big advantage. Don't think that really changes after one successful season.

I look for Hopkinsville to turn their first loosing season since 97 to being one of the better teams in WKY. They return their starting QB, both of their RBs and their top two WRs from last season. Victor Moulden returns at SE who had over 400 receiving the last two games of the season. Big time player who is one of the better Wrs in the state. On Defense they have 9 starters back who started 3 or more games.

The tigers are in a tuff district with Owensbore and Christian County. Christian returns a solid team back with many returning players. The Red Devils lost alot but coach Prince will have his team ready to play.