Improved teams in 2008

Mercer County. Right now in the weight room there are about 36 seniors. The team has a different attitude this year. These seniors are ready to be the team leaders and are determined to get the job done. Watch out!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercer County. Right now in the weight room there are about 36 seniors. The team has a different attitude this year. These seniors are ready to be the team leaders and are determined to get the job done. Watch out!

36 srs...Are you serious? That's approaching Trinity/St X type numbers.. I'd say with that big of an upperclass, they should be good...

36 srs...Are you serious? That's approaching Trinity/St X type numbers.. I'd say with that big of an upperclass, they should be good...

I am serious. Last count was around 36 seniors! Not only that, there are around 35 freshmen and 30 sophomores. The junior class is the lowest in numbers right now with about 15.

Seniors are really serious this year!

I think South Laurel will be much improved in 2008, coming off a 6-5 season they return 8starters on offence, also they have alot of team speed on what looks like a much improved defence.

From what I have seen this summer Doss has some of the least known skill position guys in Jefferson County. They have been showing very well in the 7on7 tournaments. They have shown the ability to both move the ball underneath and to hurt you deep and that is without in my opinion their top receiver (Cameron Clemons) They are senior heavy which creates a since of urgency in my opinion. Not sure how it will all play out because I am not sure what they have coming back on the O-line but the fact that the playoffs are cross district this year means that they don't have to face John Hardin as early which may give them even more experience and confidence. Coach Farmer is doing a great job of getting the kids to buy into a spread attack considering coach Scroggins was ran primarily a pro set triple option scheme.

Harlan Independent should be much better next season. They should have a solid line and a couple of nice skill kids. The combo of both makes a good class A team in the mountains. Harlan also has a veteran coach in Donahue. I think Harlan went 1-9 last year, look for the Dragons to pull off 5 or 6 wins next season.

Lone Oak coming back to reality this year ???

I wouldn't be surprised if Lone Oak ran the table again during the regular season. Especially, since they host both Hopkins Co Central & Calloway

County.

Lone Oak defense should be downright Nasty this year & the offense will be high octane. The cupboard isn't bare. Look for the Oakers to go deep in the playoffs!

Has Lone Oak scheduled any tougher teams this year? If their schedule is the reverse of last year, they might run the table….

Exact same schedule as last year with the exception of playing Crittenden Co instead of Caldwell Co at the Trice Hughes Bowl.

After watching them in the title game I think they need to up the difficulty of their schedule. How many linemen return from last year's team?

Two starting offensive lineman return for the Flash. The line should be mush better this year. It was a problem last year once the Flash got deep in the playoffs. Robinson had to scramble alot against No Bullitt & Warren East. The line couldn't block Lexington Catholic & Robinson & Co had no chance.

The purples line did have some break downs but Lexington Catholic sent more then Lone Oak could block. This happen throughout the game. Robinson was running for his life. A spread offense is tough to defend and was tailored man for the kid. Catholic came in with the mind set that they were going to get pressure on Robinson and they did. Sometimes you need a TE or RB to stay in to give your QB and chance to set his feet and see the field. Alot of people who saw Robinson play that day were saying they thought he was over-rated but I believe the kid is special and will have a great college career.

From what I have seen this summer Doss has some of the least known skill position guys in Jefferson County. They have been showing very well in the 7on7 tournaments. They have shown the ability to both move the ball underneath and to hurt you deep and that is without in my opinion their top receiver (Cameron Clemons) They are senior heavy which creates a since of urgency in my opinion. Not sure how it will all play out because I am not sure what they have coming back on the O-line but the fact that the playoffs are cross district this year means that they don't have to face John Hardin as early which may give them even more experience and confidence. Coach Farmer is doing a great job of getting the kids to buy into a spread attack considering coach Scroggins was ran primarily a pro set triple option scheme.

I agree 110%.........:dancingpa