Warren Central 53 Bowling Green 42 (4th Region Championship)

Warren Central never trailed and the game was only tied twice, at 0-0 and 36-36. Central jumped on Bowling Green early, taking a 7-0 lead, and maintained a 6-10 point lead much of the night. Bowling Green showed resolve and chipped away, working it to that tie at 36 all in the 4th. Tay Smith immediately answered with a three and Bowling Green never again had the ball with a chance to take the lead.

I wonder how much last night took out of these teams, because it was a bit lethargic at times, and obviously very low scoring. Bowling Green struggled to make shots much of the night, getting more mileage out of driving to the rim and getting to the line. And they uncharacteristically missed from the line, going just 10/18 (Central, by comparison, went 4/4). Bowling Green made only 14 shots, but remained in the game by forcing 15 turnovers. Central didn't exactly run away with the game, but Bowling Green just didn't seem to have the stuff tonight. Huddleston picked up two early fouls and hit the bench for the rest of the first half. I felt that hurt them defensively and on the boards. Brents went 4/9 from three and the three point shot proved to be a difference maker - Central shot 7/14 from three. And with that, Central for the third straight year knocked off Bowling Green in the region final after falling to them in the district title game. Central advances to a rematch with Madisonville-North Hopkins, who I imagine have some emotions from the game last year.....