7th Region Tourney : Police Show Up

Following Jody Demling on Twitter.

He tweeted very early today that there was a huge line at 3:30 at Knights Hall which I assume is at Bellarmine.

Word is that there are upto 1,000 people outside who can't get into the second game due to the limit on the number of people they can have inside. However, some/many of them have tickets to get in.

He says there are six police cars outside trying to calm the crowd.

Early game tickets were bought up by Eastern and Ballard fans and they did not go in. There were plenty of seats and they would not let people in because of the number of tickets sold. They were standing in pouring down rain. The 6th/7th region semis should be on separate days or they should do sessions and clear the building. PRP/Butler fans could not get in and their were plenty of seats.

Early game tickets were bought up by Eastern and Ballard fans and they did not go in. There were plenty of seats and they would not let people in because of the number of tickets sold. They were standing in pouring down rain. The 6th/7th region semis should be on separate days or they should do sessions and clear the building. PRP/Butler fans could not get in and their were plenty of seats.

Demling said the place was packed to the rafters? You say there were plenty of seats.

Did they sell more tickets than seats?

I was at the Butler/PRP and Western/East game and there were seats available and they were not letting people in. As I was walking through the parking lot to the gym there were at least 50 Eastern students together that had already bought tickets in the parking lot. The Ballard Eastern game may be packed but there was room earlier and people were standing in the rain to get in.

Why don't they hold the regional in Broadbent Arena any longer? Knight's Hall only seats 2600, seems a tad small for the biggest schools in the state to host their tournament.

Heck, the 9th used to hold it at Conner which held 3,000 and they moved to BOK (9,400).

Why don't they hold the regional in Broadbent Arena any longer? Knight's Hall only seats 2600, seems a tad small for the biggest schools in the state to host their tournament.

Ive heard due to the expensive cost to rent Broadbent and the availability.

They need to find a new location for the regionals in Louisville.Probably smallest capacity gym of all regional sites with largest population.If Saint X and Trinity can play at Freedom Hall and make it work,I would think the Jefferson County Head of Athletics could figure out a way to make it work there,also.The situation last night was ridiculous and inexcusable.