Best RB in NCKC?

HSFootball2

What are your thoughts on the best running back in the NCKC? In my opinion it is between David Bird, Daniel Rose, and Jared Carlton. I think that if Rose would have stayed healthy he would be the favorite. I believe he was the preseason NCKC top player. Since Rose has been down it is now between Bird and Carlton. So who is the better back?

This is easy. David Bird, he is the second leading rusher in the state. On track to break the Kentucky single season rushing record.

Bird has over 4500 yards in his career. Averages over 10 yards a carry over the last 3 years.

I know what you will say that Carlton had more yards than he did the other night, Bird had some type of blood infection (staph) last Friday night and was put in the hospital Friday night after the game and was kept there until Tuesday morning. Not one of his better performances, would not judge a players career off of one game.

You guys are wasting your time trying to compare the two on numbers. Bird is naturally going to put up much bigger numbers. Bird carries the ball around 30-40 times a game, while Carlton rushes around 20. That alone is going to change total for the season. I thought Welch was the best runner for Carroll.

Hate to hear Bird was sick during the Gallatin game, that plus the bad officiating. Hopfully every one will be healthy on both sides for the first round of playoffs.

Bird already has over 1000 yds this season in four games.

I was unaware of any NCKC preseason rankings. Do you have these? I would assume that they would be based off of last year's performances. If Bird was not the top pick, then there is something extremely wrong with the system.

That is just hearsay I heard. Not sure where they recieved the info but just thought I would post it to see if anybody would agree with that. So, no I do not have these. Sorry.

To compare the two my vote would go for Bird. NOt based on numbers but the way Bird runs. Bird always finds a hole to run through and when there is not one he makes one. Thats just my opinion :thumb:

You guys are wasting your time trying to compare the two on numbers. Bird is naturally going to put up much bigger numbers. Bird carries the ball around 30-40 times a game, while Carlton rushes around 20. That alone is going to change total for the season. I thought Welch was the best runner for Carroll.

Hate to hear Bird was sick during the Gallatin game, that plus the bad officiating. Hopfully every one will be healthy on both sides for the first round of playoffs.

I am not sure where you have gotten this, but Bird has never carried the ball 40 times. Only once this year has he rushed over 30 times. His per carry average is 9.5 yds.

I only have one game's knowledge of Carlton's carries, but if you go with 20 carries per game, with four games and if we go with the reported 539 yards on 80 carries, then his average is 6.7.

Again, I am not trying to take anything away from Carlton. I am just trying to find some statistic to use as a measuring stick, as opposed to just "homering" it.

That is just hearsay I heard. Not sure where they recieved the info but just thought I would post it to see if anybody would agree with that. So, no I do not have these. Sorry.

To compare the two my vote would go for Bird. NOt based on numbers but the way Bird runs. Bird always finds a hole to run through and when there is not one he makes one. Thats just my opinion :thumb:

There was no preseason NCKC team in FB. That's why I was asking where you heard it from. :thumb:

I am not sure where you have gotten this, but Bird has never carried the ball 40 times. Only once this year has he rushed over 30 times. His per carry average is 9.5 yds.

I only have one game's knowledge of Carlton's carries, but if you go with 20 carries per game, with four games and if we go with the reported 539 yards on 80 carries, then his average is 6.7.

Again, I am not trying to take anything away from Carlton. I am just trying to find some statistic to use as a measuring stick, as opposed to just "homering" it.

These numbers are from KHSAA web site.

Bird has 120 carries in 4 games for 1050 yards that is an ave. of 30 carries per game for an ave. of 8.75 per

Carlton has 68 carries in 4 games for 539 yards that is an ave. of 17 carries per game for an ave. of 7.9 per.

Like I said before you can not compare total yardage when Bird carries the ball almost twist as many times a game. Their per carry ave. is less than 1 yard. They are not as far apart as some people would like to make it sound. Sorry it took so long to get back to you with the actual numbers.