Best RB in NCKC?

HSFootball2

These numbers are from KHSAA web site.

Bird has 120 carries in 4 games for 1050 yards that is an ave. of 30 carries per game for an ave. of 8.75 per

Carlton has 68 carries in 4 games for 539 yards that is an ave. of 17 carries per game for an ave. of 7.9 per.

Like I said before you can not compare total yardage when Bird carries the ball almost twist as many times a game. Their per carry ave. is less than 1 yard. They are not as far apart as some people would like to make it sound. Sorry it took so long to get back to you with the actual numbers.

I am looking at the actual numbers as we speak.

Ludlow - 24 carries

Henry - 24 carries

Eminence - 36 carries

Gallatin - 29 carries

total 113 carries

I will see that this gets changed ASAP.

I have said time and again that Carlton is a fine athlete and a great back, which is more than anyone from GC has said about Bird, but that's okay. However, Carlton does not have the "jukability" that Bird does, nor does he have the stats to back it up. IMO, they are a lot further apart than some would like to believe.

One last question...if he is so good, why does he not carry the ball more?

I am looking at the actual numbers as we speak.

Ludlow - 24 carries

Henry - 24 carries

Eminence - 36 carries

Gallatin - 29 carries

total 113 carries

I will see that this gets changed ASAP.

I have said time and again that Carlton is a fine athlete and a great back, which is more than anyone from GC has said about Bird, but that's okay. However, Carlton does not have the "jukability" that Bird does, nor does he have the stats to back it up. IMO, they are a lot further apart than some would like to believe.

One last question...if he is so good, why does he not carry the ball more?

Jucability, can you explain that could not find in the dictionary. First and for most Bird is a good back and no one has said other wise, so you can remove the chip from your shoulder. Carlton doesnt carry the ball as much because he doesnt need to and I believe the coaching staff likes to run a more balanced attack. If you are calling jucability the ability to aviod tacklers you have not watched to many of his games, and I honestly think he would rather run over them than away from them, not always the best choice but he loves contact. I know you guys are really proud to be winning games but you need to relize there are others just as good, and just as proud. You still have not shown anything that shows they are so far apart, I went to the numbers you guys turn into Khsaa to show they are not that far apart. When they went head to head they have split so where is the big differnce.

Jucability, can you explain that could not find in the dictionary. First and for most Bird is a good back and no one has said other wise, so you can remove the chip from your shoulder. Carlton doesnt carry the ball as much because he doesnt need to and I believe the coaching staff likes to run a more balanced attack. If you are calling jucability the ability to aviod tacklers you have not watched to many of his games, and I honestly think he would rather run over them than away from them, not always the best choice but he loves contact. I know you guys are really proud to be winning games but you need to relize there are others just as good, and just as proud. You still have not shown anything that shows they are so far apart, I went to the numbers you guys turn into Khsaa to show they are not that far apart. When they went head to head they have split so where is the big differnce.

First of all, I am not going to get into a personal attack here. If you want to do that, feel free to PM me.

"Jukability" is football lingo. The "quotes" around it denote that it is probably not one you will find in the dictionary.

You are welcome to believe what you want. It is obvious that each of us are going for our own guy. I would love to hear from some non-TC and non-GC people.

Coming from a fan of neither team, Bird is amazing. Carlton is a great runner, and will be the best in the conference next year, but there is no doubt in my mind on this one. Bird, if he stays healthy, WILL break the state record for single season rushing. He is spectacular and I honestly believe he is the best back in 1A and he is one of the best backs in the state period. Since I have been alive I have not witnessed a better RB than Mr. Bird. Trust me, he is the best. I am putting that in the most non biased form that I can.

All numbers speaking, Bird is the better runner. Nobody can deny that, its all in black and white. Carlton has had a couple good games and a couple mediocre performanes. The first game of the season he only had about 30 yards I believe. (Correct me if I am wrong) and against Trimble he had a breakout game. Bird is more consistant and in my opinion that makes him the better back. Best of luck to both boys throughout the season and playoffs!

First of all, I am not going to get into a personal attack here. If you want to do that, feel free to PM me.

"Jukability" is football lingo. The "quotes" around it denote that it is probably not one you will find in the dictionary.

You are welcome to believe what you want. It is obvious that each of us are going for our own guy. I would love to hear from some non-TC and non-GC people.[/QUOTE]

Im one right here. Bird is the real deal. Truly great runningback. Did carlton play against Ludlow in the scrimmage? (they didnt have numbers) But if so then he didnt impress me. But thats just based on one game. :thumb: