Cantrall Ratings

gchs_uk9

I've always thought that the Cantrall's rankings were bogus, as well as the Litkenhouse rankings ( I know the spelling is wrong ). Too much on high scoring games or deficits. Steve Spurrier would love these rankings when he was at Florida.

Litkenhous ratings have been around since the 1930s. The were initially referred to as "score by difference" ratings in the Courier-Journal. They were originally used by many newspapers nationwide for college rankings. High school came about as an afterthought. The creator of this system was a professor at U of L. His brother helped and later his son kept the ratings going. He would not predict against gambling "spreads" but his "winners only" ran 90% or better! I do feel this system is a fairly accurate in identifying who will win.:D

Litkenhous ratings have been around since the 1930s. The were initially referred to as "score by difference" ratings in the Courier-Journal. They were originally used by many newspapers nationwide for college rankings. High school came about as an afterthought. The creator of this system was a professor at U of L. His brother helped and later his son kept the ratings going. He would not predict against gambling "spreads" but his "winners only" ran 90% or better! I do feel this system is a fairly accurate in identifying who will win.:D

I think they too have some flaws though are better than Lit. I remember my biggest complaint with them was my Junior year in High School. According to Lit our ratings were lower than four of the nine teams we defeated. If the system was that great, I can't for the life of me see how that one happened.