Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest Rush Limbaugh Flap

Featured Replies

You and UKMF keep on trotting out this line of apathy, but the bottom line is 15 million daily listeners. With that many listeners, somebody out there is taking every single word seriously, as though it was the Gospel. Odds are a sizable chunk of BGP's registered voters are among those true-believers, so please stop dismissing them as though their words have no impact.

 

 

And a good portion of those listeners are merely doing so for entertainment purposes, not because they believe the crap they spew.

  • Replies 383
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rush is a radical, his rants are often so far out there that I dont even know what he is talking about. I very rarely listen to him, only if he is only thing on radio to listen to.

When folks tell me they agree with Rush I immediately question their ability to think rationally. I try very hard to be tolerant of people that have opinions differing than mine and actually like to listen to differing opinions. But I cannot, simply cannot, listen to more than 2 minutes of Rush before turning the channel. Rush panders to people's emotions. He incites and inflames their emotions.The problem is, decisions, particularly voting decisions, made based on emotions more often than not turn out to be the wrong decisions. Rush is nothing other than a snake oil salesman making big dollars off of gullible people. If he truly wants to see this country become stronger, he should put his mike away and go live on an island somewhere, without contact to the world.

And a good portion of those listeners are merely doing so for entertainment purposes, not because they believe the crap they spew.

 

To each their own I guess but I have a very hard time believeing that anyone not a true believer would watch Rush for entertainment purposes. Good lordy, my vasectomy was more entertaining than watching Rush.

  • Author
To each their own I guess but I have a very hard time believeing that anyone not a true believer would watch Rush for entertainment purposes. Good lordy, my vasectomy was more entertaining than watching Rush.

 

THERE's a visual.

To each their own I guess but I have a very hard time believeing that anyone not a true believer would watch Rush for entertainment purposes. Good lordy, my vasectomy was more entertaining than watching Rush.

 

Like or hate him, Rush is one of the greatest entertainers of our generation. He was a pioneer of sorts in the news talk industry and still dominates it. You could not write the history of talk radio without giving Rush his own chapter. They have not aired Rush down here for 15+ years to the best of my knowledge so obviously I do not listen beyond the highlights I hear when he does something stupid like this. I think people are really discrediting how many non-Rush fans listen/watch. It is why we many watch Duke or the Cowboys, you love to see them fail.

It's fine that so many don't pay attention to what Rush says. But I have to question the validity of that claim by many who've posted in this thread, when their initial posts were to agree with Rush that the young ladys sex life was indeed our business because of her support of insurance covering birth control.

I said person for a reason.

 

How often to you hear males called a ***t or prostitute (never heard that one) that wasn't actually an "atta boy!" style statement, but actually a condemnation of behavior?

I hate to disagree here, but it is possible for a birth control to cost that much. There are many different types and manufacturers of birth control and all vary in cost. Some are in the low 30s with no insurance however those that are still name brand only are as high as 85-95 dollars for a months supply. That being said I honestly have rarely seen an instance where birth control was not covered in some way by insurance. They may have a problem with someone using something like Beyaz when Yaz or Yasmin ar molecularly similar and already generic and charge a correspondingly higher copay but there are rare cases where insurance does not cover any birth control. The only ones I have seen that cover no birth control are the ones that are sponsored by the Catholic church which is against all forms of contraception.

 

I'm not sure how it works, but there are many plans that do not cover birth control. I know that at my former employer, the plan did not cover birth control unless you opted to pay extra for maternity benefits. Which is weird, because if you wanted birth control for its literal definition, wouldn't you be in a position to NOT need maternity insurance?

Edited by rockmom

How often to you hear males called a ***t or prostitute (never heard that one) that wasn't actually an "atta boy!" style statement, but actually a condemnation of behavior?

 

Quite often actually.

I'm not sure how it works, but there are many plans that do not cover birth control. I know that at my former employer, the plan did not cover birth control unless you opted to pay extra for maternity benefits. Which is weird, because if you wanted birth control for its literal definition, wouldn't you be in a position to NOT need maternity insurance?

 

 

I am just going by my experience in the pharmacy.

When he gets to level of Rush I will. 90% of the people couldn't pick him out of a crowd. Can't imagine there'd be much discussion about it.
So it wasn't the name he called her so much as the number of people that heard him do it? I wouldn't think that should matter.
It may be time for Rush to go to satellite radio. He has a large enough following that he'd be fine.

 

I really don't care if he's fired. Much like Imus he'd be back on the radio at some point. Whether people want to admit it or not he and Hannity are more a voice for the right than anyone else.

For the extreme right, perhaps. But as to the right in general, I disagree.
For the extreme right, perhaps. But as to the right in general, I disagree.

 

Then why does it seem like most of the right leaning BGPers agree with what's said about Fluke? Even without listening to him a lot of people become an extension of him thus making him the voice of the right.

Then why does it seem like most of the right leaning BGPers agree with what's said about Fluke? Even without listening to him a lot of people become an extension of him thus making him the voice of the right.
I've agreed from time to time with some things Obama has said over the years. Does that make me an extension of him thus making him the voice of the right as well? Hardly. Just because some agree with his opinion on something doesn't make them disciples of Rush.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.