Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest Rush Limbaugh Flap

Featured Replies

So are we going to start a 10 page thread blasting him over it?

 

No need. His comments are deplorable. I'd love nothing more than to superglue he and Rush together, poor honey on them and then drop them in a pit with bees, fire ants, rattlesnakes and a hungry tiger or two.

 

No...I have not thought about this before. :sssh:

  • Replies 383
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
So are we going to start a 10 page thread blasting him over it?

 

We certainly can. I don't think he has the popularity of Mr Limbaugh though so I don't expect the same reaction.

 

I'd also suggest that the comments are so deplorable that there simply wouldn't be much debate.

Here's a thought, and maybe it has already been expressed here - I haven't read all 220-some posts in the thread. This will never happen, but...

 

What would the reaction be if insurance companies changed positions and asked their members to fork over the biggest part of "childbirth-related expenses"; and reimbursed members for the biggest part of "contraceptive services"? Put another way; instead of insurance paying for having babies, insurance pay for not having babies.

Now that Maher has been thrown in the fire I'll say once again that Rush needs to go to satellite radio. Good money there and he can say whatever he wants without repercussion. Ask Howard Stern. Maher being a comedian allows him more leeway than Rush. Keep in mind also that Maher was fired from mainstream media for comments he made about 9/11. If I were Rush I'd have my agent call SiriusXM.

 

And no, Obama shouldn't give back the money Maher sent him but I wouldn't be surprised if he succumbs to pressure and gives it back.

Thanks for the link.

 

Rush's comments were over the top but I see no reason to mandate birth control for women. After birth control, where does it stop? I don't expect the government that is there to serve the people, private citizens, to mandate that I buy health insurance. I wouldn't want them to force a private business to demand they provide a certain procedure.

 

Which is exactly my biggest problem with Rush. He's such an idiotic bomb thrower, he takes the focus away from the issue. Instead of intelligent discussion as to whether I, through my payment of my premiums or whether I, as a taxpayer, should be subsidizing the provision of birth control, we are discussing that big blow hard. He makes it difficult to even have a rational discussion. He makes it hard for Rs to even have a chance. For a man that thinks he's brilliant, he's actually pretty stupid.

How many were aware of it?

 

I didn't know about it until this incident. How many of the rest of you all did?
Ask yourself this question. Why wasn't it reported in the media like the Limbaugh comment?
Ask yourself this question. Why wasn't it reported in the media like the Limbaugh comment?

 

Because Maher is a comedian on a network that allows you to say whatever you want. Maher doesn't need sponsors to finance his show. Maher isn't paid to be a conservative radio icon or a liberal radio icon. Maher is paid to be a comedian. Limbaugh is paid to be a conservative radio icon. If Maher was still on ABC he likely would have been fired but he took his act to HBO and he is uncensored there. Period. I can't believe this even needs to be explained.

Ask yourself this question. Why wasn't it reported in the media like the Limbaugh comment?

 

1) Fewer listeners/viewers.

2) Maher is supposed to be comedian.

3) This was "new meat." Palin is tired news.

4) This incident is part of the topic of the hour.

I would pay to see a MMA match between Maher and Limbaugh .

TB&G this is to you because I know PP92's answer, he'll try to justify anything a liberal does and vilify anything a conservative says.

 

You really don't see ANY media influence in this whole flap. The whole discussion about contraceptives was started when "out of the blue" one of the moderators of a debate asked a question about contraception BEFORE Obama made his demands that Catholic employers pay for contraceptive coverage. As far as I'm concerned this whole contraception furor proves that the mainstream media is totally in the bag for Obama. Obama can't stand on his record so his campaign will try to make an issue out of nothing. No one has even suggested that contraception be outlawed or even restricted and yet if you read or listen to liberals you would think that the sex police are taking women's pills at gunpoint. The left IMHO has lost ANY credibility when they talk about scare tactics and hyperbole from the right.

TB&G this is to you because I know PP92's answer, he'll try to justify anything a liberal does and vilify anything a conservative.

 

 

Funny, I hadn't seen where I vilified anything by the right in this thread. Or is that just All Tell rushing to judgment once again against people with beliefs and political afiliations different from yours? Hmmmmm...

Despite Rush's overwhelming number of listeners compared to Olbermann and Maher I would still consider both Maher and Olbermann as voices for the left. When it comes to left leaning people those two are probably the loudest. They'd have to have that title by default since they likely have the largest left leaning following. They aren't at the level of Rush but they are still voices nonetheless.

TB&G this is to you because I know PP92's answer, he'll try to justify anything a liberal does and vilify anything a conservative says.

 

You really don't see ANY media influence in this whole flap. The whole discussion about contraceptives was started when "out of the blue" one of the moderators of a debate asked a question about contraception BEFORE Obama made his demands that Catholic employers pay for contraceptive coverage. As far as I'm concerned this whole contraception furor proves that the mainstream media is totally in the bag for Obama. Obama can't stand on his record so his campaign will try to make an issue out of nothing. No one has even suggested that contraception be outlawed or even restricted and yet if you read or listen to liberals you would think that the sex police are taking women's pills at gunpoint. The left IMHO has lost ANY credibility when they talk about scare tactics and hyperbole from the right.

 

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. We have a winner! :thumb:

Funny, I hadn't seen where I vilified anything by the right in this thread. Or is that just All Tell rushing to judgment once again against people with beliefs and political afiliations different from yours? Hmmmmm...

 

Maybe I'm not just talking about this thread.

Maybe I'm not just talking about this thread.

 

And I still maintain that isn't an accurate assessment on your part. You and I have had conversations before where I have agreed with things you had said. Conversations about the union come to mind and I recall you being incredibly close minded about unions. I strive to remain open minded while offering my perspective on any particular situation I speak on. Forgive me for not living up to your standards.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.