Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest Rush Limbaugh Flap

Featured Replies

Did a quick Google search and found where he said it during a stand-up routine. No difference to me. Can't call a female such a term.

 

Agreed.

 

Can anyone fill me in on what she actually said during her testimony?

  • Replies 383
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link.

 

Rush's comments were over the top but I see no reason to mandate birth control for women. After birth control, where does it stop? I don't expect the government that is there to serve the people, private citizens, to mandate that I buy health insurance. I wouldn't want them to force a private business to demand they provide a certain procedure.

Fox News has made an empire out of it.

 

They've made the most money but all of them follow the same business plan.

Rush's 15 million daily listeners v. Olbermann's maybe 1 million daily viewers says that's a bad comparison on your part.
I don't care about the numbers because the fact is neither is the voice for either side.
I wouldn't disagree that he is the voice of the right in a way. The problem is that he is so about insulting people to line his pockets that the underlying point he talks about gets lost in the show. Every conservative on here agrees with him that it is wrong for the government to mandate a religious organization's health plan cover contraception in violation of it's core beliefs. It looks like every conservative on here also believes what he said was insulting and inappropriate. He usually is tooting the horn for what conservative consider to be the corrrect policy. He is a caricature of a conservative.
A caricature, maybe. The voice, not a chance.
Did a quick Google search and found where he said it during a stand-up routine. No difference to me. Can't call a female such a term.
Agreed, but funny how there was no uproar about it.
  • Author
Agreed, but funny how there was no uproar about it.

 

How many were aware of it?

Agreed, but funny how there was no uproar about it.

 

I didn't know about it until this incident. How many of the rest of you all did?

I want to clarify here that I feel that the issue of whether or not an employer should be required to provide health insurance coverage that covers birth control is a legitimate debate, one which I can see both sides and find myself waffling about.

 

But the issue here is not that issue. The issue here, in this thread, is that Rush (and others in this thread) are making this into a debate about the morality of a person using birth control. And further, casting aspersions on the character of someone who chooses to do so. Whether it's covered by insurance or not, the comments in this thread, and the comments by Rush about the young woman (and by extension any other woman who takes birth control) who spoke are completely off base, out of line and defamatory. Assumptions have been made, and the debate twisted.

The left cheered when Maher called Sarah Palin the C word.. I wonder what Imus had to say about that?
Conservative? :idunno:

I heard about Mahar but it certainly never got anywhere near the play that this incident did which is why many didn't know about it. Actually Mahar said a couple nasty things about her within a few days of each other. As I recall it took NOW a while to finally come to her defense where they made a lukewarm "that's not nice" statement and said they couldn't spend their time standing up for every woman who gets insulted. I hear they've already called for Rush's firing. Curious, huh?

Here you go:

 

Bill Maher has called Palin a “dumb twat” and dropped the C-word in describing the former Alaska governor. He called Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann “boobs” and “two bimbos.” He said of the former vice-presidential candidate, “She is not a mean girl. She is a crazy girl with mean ideas.............”

 

Will Obama Super PAC Return Misogynist Bill Maher's Million-Dollar Donation? | The Weekly Standard

Edited by bugatti

How many were aware of it?

 

So are we going to start a 10 page thread blasting him over it?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.