Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest Rush Limbaugh Flap

Featured Replies

See your perspective is totally different then mind because I see you as being completely closed to hearing or considering anything bad about unions (or liberals in general). It's all about perspective. I'm sorry but I see you as every bit closed minded as you see me.

  • Replies 383
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See your perspective is totally different then mind because I see you as being completely closed to hearing or considering anything bad about unions (or liberals in general). It's all about perspective. I'm sorry but I see you as every bit closed minded as you see me.

 

Even though I agreed with you on some of your complaints and beefs with unions? And here I was thinking it was a productive conversation that gave me motivation to try to change the climate and culture of unions when I become involved as an elected officer. Oh well. I tried. So be it. Can't please everyone.

Despite Rush's overwhelming number of listeners compared to Olbermann and Maher I would still consider both Maher and Olbermann as voices for the left. When it comes to left leaning people those two are probably the loudest. They'd have to have that title by default since they likely have the largest left leaning following. They aren't at the level of Rush but they are still voices nonetheless.

 

I believe I saw where Rachel Madow has some of the highest ratings now. I'm not sure when I saw that though. If still true she would be in the conversation.

I believe I saw where Rachel Madow has some of the highest ratings now. I'm not sure when I saw that though. If still true she would be in the conversation.

 

I keep forgetting about her also. It's interesting that those three combined don't have the following Rush has.

Which is exactly my biggest problem with Rush. He's such an idiotic bomb thrower, he takes the focus away from the issue. Instead of intelligent discussion as to whether I, through my payment of my premiums or whether I, as a taxpayer, should be subsidizing the provision of birth control, we are discussing that big blow hard. He makes it difficult to even have a rational discussion. He makes it hard for Rs to even have a chance. For a man that thinks he's brilliant, he's actually pretty stupid.

 

Actually he's very smart. His agenda isn't to promote republican or conservative ideas, it's to promote himself and make a ton of money. Many very smart people over estimate what they can ultimately get away with. Maybe he's finally reached that point, given the loss of sponsors. I doubt it though.

I keep forgetting about her also. It's interesting that those three combined don't have the following Rush has.

 

I was very shocked by the numbers. You can add all of the liberal and conservative cable shows and I don't think you get anywhere near the 15 million. Of course, the 15 million is coming from Rush himself.

Actually he's very smart. His agenda isn't to promote republican or conservative ideas, it's to promote himself and make a ton of money. Many very smart people over estimate what they can ultimately get away with. Maybe he's finally reached that point, given the loss of sponsors. I doubt it though.

 

I doubt it also. His website says that 'the advertisers who don't want your money will be replaced'. :lol: And he's right. They will be replaced. Guys like he and Howard Stern will likely never have problems finding advertisers. Too many listeners and too much money to be made.

I doubt it also. His website says that 'the advertisers who don't want your money will be replaced'. :lol: And he's right. They will be replaced. Guys like he and Howard Stern will likely never have problems finding advertisers. Too many listeners and too much money to be made.

 

Kind of like watching a car wreck I guess. People just can't look away.

Kind of like watching a car wreck I guess. People just can't look away.

 

Perfect analogy.

I was very shocked by the numbers. You can add all of the liberal and conservative cable shows and I don't think you get anywhere near the 15 million. Of course, the 15 million is coming from Rush himself.

 

No, that 15 million number I originally cited in another thread came from Arbitron, which is the industry publication that tracks radio listenership. They also had Hannity as having 14 million listeners daily.

No, that 15 million number I originally cited in another thread came from Arbitron, which is the industry publication that tracks radio listenership. They also had Hannity as having 14 million listeners daily.

 

Wow. That's impressive.

No, that 15 million number I originally cited in another thread came from Arbitron, which is the industry publication that tracks radio listenership. They also had Hannity as having 14 million listeners daily.

 

I saw an article where Rush was saying it so I thought it was their internal numbers. Are they the biggest individuals? I saw where NPR was at 27 million so I assume they are the biggest network?

No, that 15 million number I originally cited in another thread came from Arbitron, which is the industry publication that tracks radio listenership. They also had Hannity as having 14 million listeners daily.

 

What causes Limbaugh and Hannity to be so popular? I seriously doubt that a large majority of the listeners are listening for "entertainment value". I really don't. My guess is that a large majority of the listeners agree with them. Maybe not his bombastic rhetoric, but his positions on issues. If my guess is correct, why are those two ultra conservative talk show hosts so popular?

I found this survey of Limbaugh's listeners from 2008. 80% identify themselves as conservatives. Not surprsingly, only 28% of his audience is female, which was the lowest of the bunch.

No, that 15 million number I originally cited in another thread came from Arbitron, which is the industry publication that tracks radio listenership. They also had Hannity as having 14 million listeners daily.

 

That is disquieting. For those who claim that these guys have no influence; that they don't speak for their party/base; that they're nutjobs who are only out to make money for themselves - doesn't the sheer number of listeners speak volumes?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.