Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest Rush Limbaugh Flap

Featured Replies

Rush is taking heat for some comments he made about a college female who testified before a Congressional committee about birth control.

 

FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm going off bits of info so I may be missing some key pieces.

 

Supposedly called her a **** because she was having a lot of sex. Not sure if there's some context I'm missing here.

 

Regardless, some advertisers have jumped ship as a result.

 

Anyone with better details while I hit my google machine?

  • Replies 383
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I don't agree that he should have said it, I feel he's kinda got a point.

 

I also took from the link Clyde posted, there must be a lot of desperate guys at Georgetown :lol:

While I don't agree that he should have said it, I feel he's kinda got a point.

 

I also took from the link Clyde posted, there must be a lot of desperate guys at Georgetown :lol:

 

A good point in what way?

  • Author
While I don't agree that he should have said it, I feel he's kinda got a point.

 

I also took from the link Clyde posted, there must be a lot of desperate guys at Georgetown :lol:

 

edit.

Edited by Clyde

A good point in what way?

 

A person who has sex with a bunch of different people is known as that....If you're going broke off birth control because of all the sex you're having, maybe you need to re-evaluate some things.

  • Author
A good point in what way?

 

I'm not even sure what point was trying to be made other than his disagreement with the govt forcing insurance companies to provide no-cost birth control. Seems like an extreme way to get his point across - even for Mr Limbaugh.

A person who has sex with a bunch of different people is known as that....If you're going broke off birth control because of all the sex you're having, maybe you need to re-evaluate some things.

 

Did the she say she was going broke because of all the sex she was having? From my understanding she testified in favor of birth control being provided in insurance policies and Limbaugh insinuated that the only reason someone would do that is if they were broke from having too much sex (which seems a leap in logic considering you don't take more pills based on how much sex you're having), thus ipso facto she's a *****.

I'm not even sure what point was trying to be made other than his disagreement with the govt forcing insurance companies to provide no-cost birth control. Seems like an extreme way to get his point across - even for Mr Limbaugh.

 

I'm not sure either. I think it's par for the course though. I'm usually told that he's being "sarcastic" or it's part of some sort of meta-discourse that I'm too ignorant to understand. So I'll wait until someone clarifies the true intention.

Did the she say she was going broke because of all the sex she was having? From my understanding she testified in favor of birth control being provided in insurance policies and Limbaugh insinuated that the only reason someone would do that is if they were broke from having too much sex (which seems a leap in logic considering you don't take more pills based on how much sex you're having), thus ipso facto she's a *****.

 

The article Clyde posted sure makes it seem like she said that.

 

If not, and those were Rush's words, I rescind my previous comments.

  • Author
A person who has sex with a bunch of different people is known as that....If you're going broke off birth control because of all the sex you're having, maybe you need to re-evaluate some things.

 

What did she say to have you/Rush say that she's having "so much sex " that she's going broke? Was that said as part of her testimony?

Did the she say she was going broke because of all the sex she was having? From my understanding she testified in favor of birth control being provided in insurance policies and Limbaugh insinuated that the only reason someone would do that is if they were broke from having too much sex (which seems a leap in logic considering you don't take more pills based on how much sex you're having), thus ipso facto she's a *****.

 

She stated that out of pocket cost for birth control was over $3000 and that was a whole summer's worth of wages. She said nothing about having a lot of sex that was Rush's typically ignorant inference that she was having so much sex that she couldn't afford it. A monthly birth control prescription doesn't mean someone is a ****.

What did she say to have you/Rush say that she's having "so much sex " that she's going broke? Was that said as part of her testimony?

 

The article you posted makes it sound like those are her words from testimony. As I said above, if I misinterpreted that, then I rescind my earlier comments.

The article Clyde posted sure makes it seem like she said that.

 

If not, and those were Rush's words, I rescind my previous comments.

 

She didn't say that. I just read her testimony and she said that birth control is expensive, that it should be considered a vital service (she mainly listed ovarian conditions that it helped prevent), and that it should be left up to women and their doctors rather than administrators. I think we can agree or disagree about her argument, but she didn't say she was having a lot of sex.

She didn't say that. I just read her testimony and she said that birth control is expensive, that it should be considered a vital service (she mainly listed ovarian conditions that it helped prevent), and that it should be left up to women and their doctors rather than administrators. I think we can agree or disagree about her argument, but she didn't say she was having a lot of sex.

 

Than I retract my previous comments. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.