Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest Rush Limbaugh Flap

Featured Replies

  • Author

Her testimony centered around the cost of contraceptives. The number of times she may choose to have sex is irrelevant since the contraceptive is usually taken daily regardless of her plans for sexual activity that day. She may not "get lucky" for the entire month but she would still take the contraceptives.

 

Rush stated that since it was paid for by tax dollars that the young lady should be forced to post her sexual activity videos online so we can get something for our money.

 

He's using this lady as a red herring. Debate the subject all day long as it needs to be debated. Do NOT kill one of the messengers.

  • Replies 383
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuition at Georgetown Law School is $47,000 a year. I can't believe this girl actually expects us to believe she can afford that tuition and not afford birth control that costs 30 bucks a month.

  • Author
Tuition at Georgetown Law School is $47,000 a year. I can't believe this girl actually expects us to believe she can afford that tuition and not afford birth control that costs 30 bucks a month.

 

How many students at GU Law are writing checks for their tuition? A friend of my son is at GW and his tuition is more than that. It's being paid for with student loans.

 

The bigger picture though is that this isn't particular to GU Law students.

  • Author

Browsing through Twitter I see pressure being put on advertisers to drop their financial support.

 

Regardless of the subject I love the ability to mobilize people and let businesses know what the feelings are. They then get to make a business decision.

How many students at GU Law are writing checks for their tuition? A friend of my son is at GW and his tuition is more than that. It's being paid for with student loans.

 

The bigger picture though is that this isn't particular to GU Law students.

 

Well what's the difference in borrowing a few more dollars then? Personally I'm in debt out the wazoo from a law school that charged me 9 grand a year in tuition. I don't feel sorry for people that voluntarily take on that kind of debt and then whine about having to buy option medication.

  • Author
Well what's the difference in borrowing a few more dollars then? Personally I'm in debt out the wazoo from a law school that charged me 9 grand a year in tuition. I don't feel sorry for people that voluntarily take on that kind of debt and then whine about having to buy option medication.

 

I'd once again say that GU Law is not the focal point of the debate.

I'd once again say that GU Law is not the focal point of the debate.

 

 

No but her argument is all about students she goes to school with that can't get birth control through their student insurance policies. So her argument is about GU law.

  • Author
No but her argument is all about students she goes to school with that can't get birth control through their student insurance policies. So her argument is about GU law.

 

The bigger debate should be about the entire population and not just one group who supports the measure. That's where Rush has lost credibility.

No but her argument is all about students she goes to school with that can't get birth control through their student insurance policies. So her argument is about GU law.

 

She was using her experience as an example. Her testimony was about birth control and insurance in general. Her point being that it's important for women to have access to it and that without insurance it can be prohibitively expensive. Her point wasn't about her school.

I thought that Planned Parenthood provided FREE birth control to people who can't afford it? Isn't that part of what the government funds they get are used for since they "can't" use them to fund abortions?

Health Dept. will hand out free condoms. She should try that route.

^ They give prescriptions but it still has to be bought at a pharmacy, as far as I know.

^ They give prescriptions but it still has to be bought at a pharmacy, as far as I know.

 

It costs 30 to 50 dollars a month. Republicans also aren't saying that it can't be covered, just saying that religious institutions with objects don't have to offer it in their policies.

Republicans also aren't saying that it can't be covered, just saying that religious institutions with objects don't have to offer it in their policies.

 

I understand that and I'd be inclined to agree with that position but the arguments thus far have been beside that point. I think it's important to be precise about what she said and about what Limbaugh surmised from it.

I understand that and I'd be inclined to agree with that position but the arguments thus far have been beside that point. I think it's important to be precise about what she said and about what Limbaugh surmised from it.

 

That is what she said, she said that "Around her campus she see's the women affected by this lack of coverage." That is a direct quote from her mock testimony. If she doesn't agree don't go to a Jesuit school, don't work for a catholic hospital. If you have to have that coverage and you disagree with the policy don't work there or go there, choose to be somewhere else! No one is forcing you to think like we do, but we are asking to let us think how we do.

 

I don't condone what Rush Limbaugh said, but I'm sick of liberals forcing their beliefs on me and then forcing me to pay for it. I'll also add I'm not even against birth control, but at the same token when my wife and I were first married we paid for it through 3 years of law school with no problems, it wasn't covered on any insurance, once a month we went to the pharmacy and paid around $32 bucks for it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.