Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest Rush Limbaugh Flap

Featured Replies

That is what she said, she said that "Around her campus she see's the women affected by this lack of coverage." That is a direct quote from her mock testimony. If she doesn't agree don't go to a Jesuit school, don't work for a catholic hospital. If you have to have that coverage and you disagree with the policy don't work there or go there, choose to be somewhere else! No one is forcing you to think like we do, but we are asking to let us think how we do.

 

I don't condone what Rush Limbaugh said, but I'm sick of liberals forcing their beliefs on me and then forcing me to pay for it. I'll also add I'm not even against birth control, but at the same token when my wife and I were first married we paid for it through 3 years of law school with no problems, it wasn't covered on any insurance, once a month we went to the pharmacy and paid around $32 bucks for it.

 

I'm not really disagreeing with you. I thought her argument was being misconstrued (and I think she's entitled to make it) and I found Limbaugh's comments indefensible.

  • Replies 383
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A person who has sex with a bunch of different people is known as that....If you're going broke off birth control because of all the sex you're having, maybe you need to re-evaluate some things.

 

First, her sex life is none of your business or Rush's. Second, birth control pills cost the same whether she has a different partner every night, one steady boyfriend, doesn't have sex but want's to be prepared in case she decides to or even since there is a chance she could be raped, perphaps she wants to be on contraceptives to insure that in the event of a rape she doesn't get pregnant. It is no one's business. Second, part of Rush'sargument was that she was asking all of us to pay for her birth control. That is flat out wrong. She was asking to have contraceptives covered as part of routine health care. I don't know of any schools that pay for health insurance for their students, so she wasn't asking anyone to pay for her.

First, her sex life is none of your business or Rush's. Second, birth control pills cost the same whether she has a different partner every night, one steady boyfriend, doesn't have sex but want's to be prepared in case she decides to or even since there is a chance she could be raped, perphaps she wants to be on contraceptives to insure that in the event of a rape she doesn't get pregnant. It is no one's business. Second, part of Rush'sargument was that she was asking all of us to pay for her birth control. That is flat out wrong. She was asking to have contraceptives covered as part of routine health care. I don't know of any schools that pay for health insurance for their students, so she wasn't asking anyone to pay for her.

 

Where did I ever say it was my business? The article Clyde linked portrayed the comments as being hers. They were in fact not.

 

If you actually cared to read the thread you'd see I retracted my comments as I misinterpreted the article.

Can some of our lawyers talk about slander laws. First, what he said was clearly wrong. Second it was clearly injurious to her reputation. Third, it was done for commercial gain. Sounds like a good case to me, but I'm not a lawyer. If I'm on the jury, she would own the EIB network. Sometimes I miss days gone by. In my youth, if someone had made those kinds of statements about someone close to me, they would have been off the air for a while recovering.

First, her sex life is none of your business or Rush's. Second, birth control pills cost the same whether she has a different partner every night, one steady boyfriend, doesn't have sex but want's to be prepared in case she decides to or even since there is a chance she could be raped, perphaps she wants to be on contraceptives to insure that in the event of a rape she doesn't get pregnant. It is no one's business. Second, part of Rush'sargument was that she was asking all of us to pay for her birth control. That is flat out wrong. She was asking to have contraceptives covered as part of routine health care. I don't know of any schools that pay for health insurance for their students, so she wasn't asking anyone to pay for her.

 

Well under Obamacare everyone's insurance is about to go up since everyone has to have it. Since your rates will go up with everyone having it and will go up even more if it has to cover more things, then yes she is asking you to pay for it.

Can some of our lawyers talk about slander laws. First, what he said was clearly wrong. Second it was clearly injurious to her reputation. Third, it was done for commercial gain. Sounds like a good case to me, but I'm not a lawyer. If I'm on the jury, she would own the EIB network. Sometimes I miss days gone by. In my youth, if someone had made those kinds of statements about someone close to me, they would have been off the air for a while recovering.

 

She injected herself as a public figure in this, therefore it will be almost impossible for her to sue him for anything. If you meet the definitions of a public figure it's next to impossible to sue for libel and slander.

Well under Obamacare everyone's insurance is about to go up since everyone has to have it. Since your rates will go up with everyone having it and will go up even more if it has to cover more things, then yes she is asking you to pay for it.

 

Well, not exactly. As I understand it, routine contraceptive care is, in total, cheaper than the health care costs of pregnancy. A few years ago I was negotiating the next years health insurance premiums for my company. Since the insurance company was asking for a big increase I asked what the effect on premiums would be if we dropped the routine health care coverage without the deducttible. I was told that it would make the premiums go UP since routine wellness care lowers overall health care costs. Same thing for contraceptive care. It lowers costs.

  • Author

Again, the debate is good. However, the issue that started this thread is Limbaugh. He essentially said that if you do not pay 100% of your cost for birth control/contraceptives then you, ladies, are "****s" and/or "prostitutes."

 

That's the real issue here.

 

Saw a tweet that 3 advertisers have bailed on the show.

Again, the debate is good. However, the issue that started this thread is Limbaugh. He essentially said that if you do not pay 100% of your cost for birth control/contraceptives then you, ladies, are "****s" and/or "prostitutes."

 

That's the real issue here.

 

Saw a tweet that 3 advertisers have bailed on the show.

 

It's strange this is what got them to bail. It's not like this was some sort of bizarre aberration.

It's strange this is what got them to bail. It's not like this was some sort of bizarre aberration.

 

I have listened to him off and on over the years. This one may have been the worst. Is it too much to hope for that a few radio stations would man up and drop him?

Was what he said bad? Yes. Has he said worse? I have no doubt he has.

 

I don't understand why you guys listen to anything he says, he only gets you folks all worked up. He's an idiot and you're playing right into it. It's what he wants.

First, her sex life is none of your business or Rush's. Second, birth control pills cost the same whether she has a different partner every night, one steady boyfriend, doesn't have sex but want's to be prepared in case she decides to or even since there is a chance she could be raped, perphaps she wants to be on contraceptives to insure that in the event of a rape she doesn't get pregnant. It is no one's business. Second, part of Rush'sargument was that she was asking all of us to pay for her birth control. That is flat out wrong. She was asking to have contraceptives covered as part of routine health care. I don't know of any schools that pay for health insurance for their students, so she wasn't asking anyone to pay for her.
Sorry, but she just made her sex life everyone's business.
Sorry, but she just made her sex life everyone's business.

 

No she didn't. Her ONLY discussion was coverage of contraception as a basic component of health insurance. No decent human being would treat a young woman this way. I guess that the question will be whether testifying one time before congress makes you enough of a public figure to strip any protection from slander. Not to me it doesn't. I think Limbaugh ought to face a HUGE lawsuit.

Sorry, but she just made her sex life everyone's business.

 

How does her testifying about the cost of birth control make her sex life anyone's business?

 

Do you have ANY idea of the different reasons women use birth control?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.