Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest Rush Limbaugh Flap

Featured Replies

Does insurance cover vasectomies and tubal ligations? Just curious how that would work into the mix.

  • Replies 383
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although this may be for a different thread, it seems to me that the Democratic Party has been very hostile to women over the past 20 years or so.

 

Probably so. What are your examples?

If that's the case, then she most certainly is asking for everyone to pay for it.
I'm not arguing that point one way or the other. I'm arguing that she didn't make her sex life anyone's business or open herself up to idiot comments by Rush.

I see where Rush has issued an apology for a "bad choice of words" in describing Sandra Fluke. Looks like when the major sponsors start cutting off revenue, Rush has a change of heart!! Beholden to the almighty dollar, rather than any true conviction. Just a big wind bag!!

Bot Rush and Hannity are idiots. Do you really care what they think? I certainly don't.

 

You and UKMF keep on trotting out this line of apathy, but the bottom line is 15 million daily listeners. With that many listeners, somebody out there is taking every single word seriously, as though it was the Gospel. Odds are a sizable chunk of BGP's registered voters are among those true-believers, so please stop dismissing them as though their words have no impact.

You and UKMF keep on trotting out this line of apathy, but the bottom line is 15 million daily listeners. With that many listeners, somebody out there is taking every single word seriously, as though it was the Gospel. Odds are a sizable chunk of BGP's registered voters are among those true-believers, so please stop dismissing them as though their words have no impact.
So what? So someone is taking him seriously. Big deal. The ones that take him seriously already have that mindset, it makes no difference. The same with those like him on the left.
I'm not arguing that point one way or the other. I'm arguing that she didn't make her sex life anyone's business or open herself up to idiot comments by Rush.
Gotcha.
I see where Rush has issued an apology for a "bad choice of words" in describing Sandra Fluke. Looks like when the major sponsors start cutting off revenue, Rush has a change of heart!! Beholden to the almighty dollar, rather than any true conviction. Just a big wind bag!!
Exactly! And he's an idiot to boot.
So what? So someone is taking him seriously. Big deal. The ones that take him seriously already have that mindset, it makes no difference. The same with those like him on the left.

 

Nobody on the left has that kind of audience, not even close. Stop using that one.

I wonder how his audience compares to the past. Is it larger, smaller, stable? It seems to me it's made up of the believers, people listening for the entertainment value to see when he's going to say something like this, and those listening so they can catch him in a gotcha moment. I wonder what the proportion of each is currently.

I wonder how his audience compares to the past. Is it larger, smaller, stable? It seems to me it's made up of the believers, people listening for the entertainment value to see when he's going to say something like this, and those listening so they can catch him in a gotcha moment. I wonder what the proportion of each is currently.

 

I'll bring back the Howard Stern corollary that you seem to be incorrectly applying: Howard Stern doesn't do politics. People who listen to political-based talk shows aren't listening to be offended or outraged or "to see what he'll say next," they're listening to be assuaged and have their beliefs confirmed for them.

I'll bring back the Howard Stern corollary that you seem to be incorrectly applying: Howard Stern doesn't do politics. People who listen to political-based talk shows aren't listening to be offended or outraged or "to see what he'll say next," they're listening to be assuaged and have their beliefs confirmed for them.

 

Wrong. Trinity Alum admits he's listened to Rush. I've listened to plenty of hosts who I disagreed with just about everything they said. The only question is what that percentage is. I imagine there are quite a few people listening to Rush daily who disagree with much of what he says.

Wrong. Trinity Alum admits he's listened to Rush. I've listened to plenty of hosts who I disagreed with just about everything they said. The only question is what that percentage is. I imagine there are quite a few people listening to Rush daily who disagree with much of what he says.

 

There may be a handful. A few thousand outliers, perhaps. But the overwhelming majority of people who watch/listen to political talking head shows are doing so to be assuaged in their beliefs.

I found this quote from George Will today interesting:

 

Mr. Boehner comes out and says, Rush's language was inappropriate. Using a salad fork for your entree, that's inappropriate. Not this stuff. I mean, and Rick Santorum says well, what he says was absurd, but an entertainer is allowed to be absurd. No. It is the responsibility of conservatives to police the right in its excesses, just as the liberals unfailingly fail to police the excesses in their own side. And it was depressing, because what it indicates is that the Republican leaders are afraid of Rush Limbaugh. They want to bomb Iran, but they're afraid of Rush Limbaugh.

There may be a handful. A few thousand outliers, perhaps. But the overwhelming majority of people who watch/listen to political talking head shows are doing so to be assuaged in their beliefs.

 

Way more than a few thousand, wouldn't be surprised if it were several hundred thousand but I don't disagree that the political shows are overwhelmingly viewed by those of the same persuasion. Would you rather this blog be people who think exactly like you and agree with everything you say or do you get more entertainment out of listening to and debating those who think differently than you? There are many people who prefer the latter. We have a very small population on this site yet there's been a few who admit to listening to Rush who do not care for him or agree with him at all. Expand that over 15 million and at even 5%, which I think is low, it would be half a million. I don't think we can discount the entertainment factor either. The number of conservatives and liberals are roughly equal but Rush has a monster audience while there has been a revolving door of liberal radio hosts who couldn't fill a phone booth with their audience. Why? Presentation, anticipation of the next wild statement, showmanship, whatever you want to call it. It does pull in the audience.

Edited by 75center

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.