Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Latest Rush Limbaugh Flap

Featured Replies

It's strange this is what got them to bail. It's not like this was some sort of bizarre aberration.
Really. This kind of behavior is unexpected? Maybe they never listened before.
  • Replies 383
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No she didn't. Her ONLY discussion was coverage of contraception as a basic component of health insurance. No decent human being would treat a young woman this way. I guess that the question will be whether testifying one time before congress makes you enough of a public figure to strip any protection from slander. Not to me it doesn't. I think Limbaugh ought to face a HUGE lawsuit.
I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know if he crossed a legal line or if it's a matter of free speech. Classless as it is (I'm reminded of where RM said in an old thread that the reality is that we live in a country where our right to free speech is protected), did he have a right to say it?
How does her testifying about the cost of birth control make her sex life anyone's business?

 

Do you have ANY idea of the different reasons women use birth control?

Yes, I am aware. But she made it everyone's business by expecting someone else to pay/subsidize it. Why should someone other than herself be responsible for it?
How does her testifying about the cost of birth control make her sex life anyone's business?

 

Do you have ANY idea of the different reasons women use birth control?

 

Of course there's different reasons but if you had to bet your life savings on a reason, which would you choose? I haven't seen any data but I would choose avoiding pregnancy as the overwhelming reason for birth control use.

 

As to this thread, Rush hasn't been in the news much so I guess it was time. He has to get warmed up for the election season. I only wish there was as much outrage over the Administration's heavy handed use of the Espionage Act to silence it's critics. I think that is a much bigger threat than Rush insulting someone. It's certainly more rare.

Her whole arguement has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Why should tax payers pay for birth control? What exactly did she see in the faces of her fellow students at GW that spoke to her telling her they needed thier Birth control paid for? Really? Has this country come to this. She has a choice. If she doesn't want to pay for birth control , don't have sex. What will she want the Government to pay for next?

Of course there's different reasons but if you had to bet your life savings on a reason, which would you choose? I haven't seen any data but I would choose avoiding pregnancy as the overwhelming reason for birth control use.

 

As to this thread, Rush hasn't been in the news much so I guess it was time. He has to get warmed up for the election season. I only wish there was as much outrage over the Administration's heavy handed use of the Espionage Act to silence it's critics. I think that is a much bigger threat than Rush insulting someone. It's certainly more rare.

Amen! But you won't hear a peep out of the left on that one though.... now, if it was Bush or Santorum or Gingrich or Romney...
Was what he said bad? Yes. Has he said worse? I have no doubt he has.

 

I don't understand why you guys listen to anything he says, he only gets you folks all worked up. He's an idiot and you're playing right into it. It's what he wants.

Just like Deters who was the source of at least 4 new threads on BGP today! :lol:

Sorry, but she just made her sex life everyone's business.

Bravo!

Do you have ANY idea of the different reasons women use birth control?

Just a few--

ovarian cysts--doctor prescribes a prescription for birth control

edomitriosis--"

acne--"

irregular cycles--"

excessive bleeding--"

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know if he crossed a legal line or if it's a matter of free speech. Classless as it is (I'm reminded of where RM said in an old thread that the reality is that we live in a country where our right to free speech is protected), did he have a right to say it?

 

He probably did. Unfortunately for Rush, advertisers also have a right to pull their support of Rush.

Well, not exactly. As I understand it, routine contraceptive care is, in total, cheaper than the health care costs of pregnancy. A few years ago I was negotiating the next years health insurance premiums for my company. Since the insurance company was asking for a big increase I asked what the effect on premiums would be if we dropped the routine health care coverage without the deducttible. I was told that it would make the premiums go UP since routine wellness care lowers overall health care costs. Same thing for contraceptive care. It lowers costs.

 

Logic that many are either unable or unwilling to understand. Pregnancy/delivery/ongoing care cost FAR EXCEEDS contraceptive cost.

Yes, I am aware. But she made it everyone's business by expecting someone else to pay/subsidize it. Why should someone other than herself be responsible for it?

 

 

 

She didn't make her sex life anyone's business. She made the matter of female-specific healthcare an issue. I'm reminded of the days before mammograms an PAP smears weren't covered by insurance.

He probably did. Unfortunately for Rush, advertisers also have a right to pull their support of Rush.
If he did she'll have legal recourse. I have no problem with advertisers pulling support of his show, I couldn't care less if he went off the air as of today. What will likely happen though, is new advertisers will take their place.
Well, not exactly. As I understand it, routine contraceptive care is, in total, cheaper than the health care costs of pregnancy. A few years ago I was negotiating the next years health insurance premiums for my company. Since the insurance company was asking for a big increase I asked what the effect on premiums would be if we dropped the routine health care coverage without the deducttible. I was told that it would make the premiums go UP since routine wellness care lowers overall health care costs. Same thing for contraceptive care. It lowers costs.

 

Logic that many are either unable or unwilling to understand. Pregnancy/delivery/ongoing care cost FAR EXCEEDS contraceptive cost.
Then why doesn't insurance companies voluntarily cover contraception?

Maybe there should be a thread on "Tax payers paying for Birth Control for Law Students". Everyone is placing so much emphasis on what Rush said and not even taking into account how outragous Sandys comments are.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.