Two Recruits Switch to Ohio State

FC

So Florida’s success had nothing to do with coaching, recruiting the right players, and scheme? Funny, considering how they did this year. Also funny how their fastest skill player in 2008 wasn’t even from Florida or that OSU had 6 starters this year from Florida, but of course NOBODY from Florida wants to go to Ohio State. Of course the majority of Florida’s roster is from Florida, just like the majority of OSUs roster is from Ohio or Texas’s roster is from Texas.

What was tOSU's record? I'll anxiously await your response :lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was tOSU's record? I'll anxiously await your response :lol:

Gee I don’t know, let me go find an ugly girl in a Parka to ask. Actually, you know very well what the Buckeye’s record is. The vast majority of Florida’s success has come under two coaches, Spurrier and Meyer. Before Spurrier, between the two, and after Meyer they haven’t been nearly as prominent. Did all of the speedy athletes not go to Florida before Spurrier or since Meyer left? Coaching, recruiting the right players for the right positions, and scheme plays a huge role in success. Not just bikinis and warm weather.

I think somebody put something in Rockets Milk, it looks yellow!!!! Maybe that is what they are drinking in the South to make their players faster.

You clearly are just another "fan" as you've not brought one single fact, just poor attempts at humor and fanatic opinions with no basis. Here's another fact, Ohio had 144 Div.1 football signees out of about 55k possible players. That's roughly 1 out of just under 400. The state of Florida 344 out of around 38k possible players for one out of just over 100. Yes Meyer will get a few from Florida, and the point I'm trying to make is, Meyer will not have near as easy of a time recruiting at tOSU as he did at Florida. Nothing more, nothing less.

Gee I don’t know, let me go find an ugly girl in a Parka to ask. Actually, you know very well what the Buckeye’s record is. The vast majority of Florida’s success has come under two coaches, Spurrier and Meyer. Before Spurrier, between the two, and after Meyer they haven’t been nearly as prominent. Did all of the speedy athletes not go to Florida before Spurrier or since Meyer left? Coaching, recruiting the right players for the right positions, and scheme plays a huge role in success. Not just bikinis and warm weather.

Obviously...but what's more appealing? There's more to winning than schemes and tradition. There is a reason why SEC schools more times than not beat Big 10 schools. The majority of the talent is in the south and the players usually stick around if the offers are there. Numbers don't lie...

You clearly are just another "fan" as you've not brought one single fact, just poor attempts at humor and fanatic opinions with no basis. Here's another fact, Ohio had 144 Div.1 football signees out of about 55k possible players. That's roughly 1 out of just under 400. The state of Florida 344 out of around 38k possible players for one out of just over 100. Yes Meyer will get a few from Florida, and the point I'm trying to make is, Meyer will not have near as easy of a time recruiting at tOSU as he did at Florida. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only fact I need is that Urban Meyer is the head coach at Ohio State.

I think Meyer will continue to be the best recruiter in college football. There seems to be a movement in players in Florida to leave the state and who wouldn't want to play for Meyer? Most FL teams run the spread and now none of the Big 3 do. Most Florida guys fits better in Meyer's system than they would in any of the Big 3's IMO.

The best DL recruiting class Meyer had was his last class he brought in in 2010. Three of those guys started this year on as RSF or Sophomores in Powell (LB in Muschamp's scheme), Floyd, and Easley and none were from SEC states. Dunlap was from SC, Lemmens CA. Few of his highest rated DL were from Florida.

To be honest I think it is the OL in where schools outside of the SEC need to focus. The SEC DL's are 2nd to none, you have to have more athletic guys to block them. Spread teams have trouble blocking them, I do wonder how someone like Wisconsin or Stanford would be able to run right at them, but I don't know if they could.