How Many Yards for Jude Next Week?

gamer31

Leatherneck, I almost passed out, it appears that Johnson Central has posted their stats now. And it looks like they have attempted 48 passes on the season.

Thx Ram. I thought for sure when I checked it earlier today no stats were posted. Either they just posted the stats or I flat out missed them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched two games that JC has played. They are a shadow of the team they were the last two years. They O-line is not nearly as good, and they have no one the caliber of Ousely and Bratton in the backfield as lead blockers. Their pass D is very very poor. I would expect Towles and co. to rack up some serious passing yards. If Highlands has a weakness, it's probably their run D. Having said that they will be able to stack the box with 9 players, with very little fear of JC's play action passing game. That by the way is their only passing game, play action. That is only effective if you can consistently run the ball. The key word being, consistently. I think Jude will break off a few 8 -15 yard runs, but he will also see his share of 0 - 2 yard plays as well.

I'm expecting a large margin of victory somewhere in the 30 - 40 point range.

I have watched two games that JC has played. They are a shadow of the team they were the last two years. They O-line is not nearly as good, and they have no one the caliber of Ousely and Bratton in the backfield as lead blockers. Their pass D is very very poor. I would expect Towles and co. to rack up some serious passing yards. If Highlands has a weakness, it's probably their run D. Having said that they will be able to stack the box with 9 players, with very little fear of JC's play action passing game. That by the way is their only passing game, play action. That is only effective if you can consistently run the ball. The key word being, consistently. I think Jude will break off a few 8 -15 yard runs, but he will also see his share of 0 - 2 yard plays as well.

I'm expecting a large margin of victory somewhere in the 30 - 40 point range.

Last week Boyd ran a formation where they had 2 tight ends, two running backs right behind the O-line in the center/guard gap (not really a gap - linemen were toe to toe), QB in the shotgun and a running back next to him. Birds had 11 "in the box." OLB were on the outside shoulder of the tight ends, ILB were 2 yards off the ball, corners and safeties were within the tight ends and 5 yards off the ball. Almost looked like a rugby scrum.

I hope our OLBs do a great job of stuffing 15 (Ross Sanor) on the line of scrimmage and not let him release down the middle of the field. If I recall properly, he caught several passes last year right behind our inside LBers that were up and focused on stopping the run. Based on the stats posted by JC, he seems to be the favorite JC receiver.

If we put 11 in the box, we better make sure Jude doesn't get a seam. He's got nice speed and will take it a long way.

I think he will have a night similar to what he did against Belfry. Matney knew their only chance at victory was to use him as a decoy at times to open up other options. Belfry bottled him up really well, but he had a long run that he simply created with his natural talent as well as a handful of runs in the 8-12 yard variety where he made a man miss and got up field.

When it was all said and done he finished in the 130 range on 16 carries or so.

I will say 20 carries for 135 yards and a couple TD's (one long run in the First Half, one short run in the 2nd Half as Highlands eases up)