How Many Yards for Jude Next Week?

gamer31

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've seen any body pick against HHS all year except their scrimmage against Trinity. Last years one trick pony played them just as good as anybody else. Running the football is the only chance anyone has against HHS. If you try to go toe to toe thru the air that's when your beat...Mark it down!!

Give Elder a call and ask them how the running game went. Their O line was HUGE , and had a 6'3 230 lb running back to go with it . :D

For Highlands to win big, they will have to have JJJ and company turn the ball over 4 or 5 times. These to willl likely become scores for Highlands. But if JC plays the ole 5yds and a cloud of dust then it may be a low scoring affair. JC takes 6-8 mins per drive to score. If they do that minimum 4 times then game could go either way.

If JC doesnt turn it over then JJ will more then likely get 150 yds. If they turn it over then Highlands holds him under 100. Highlands quick scores makes it very very difficult for JC style offense to play catch up. If JC decides to throw it then Highlands probably gets those 3 to imo.

Is that what is referred to as "Smash Mouth" football?

The game plan will be the same as last year. If my memory is correct the first two drives for JC were over 10 plays and ate up some clock. The last drive was around 8 minutes long. JC tried to play a ball control game and eat up allot of clock and it worked well. JC had a chance at the end to even the score and just couldn't pull it in. As far as total yards for JJ, I would say around 90. I think he'll be more than happy to be used as a decoy very often. It worked against Belfry. Highlands isn't exactly going to be surprised by what they see against this team. It's the same thing they saw last year. This is not a game of who's the better coach. It's quite simply a game of "you know what's coming, now try to stop it". Another year of well balanced team play against smash mouth football.

Like i've said many, many times. Highlands doesn't need stats or records or big talk from the fans, they have championships. When one of our eastern Ky teams takes that from them then we can get on here and run our mouths about how good Smash mouth, mountain football is.

The game plan will be the same as last year. If my memory is correct the first two drives for JC were over 10 plays and ate up some clock. The last drive was around 8 minutes long. JC tried to play a ball control game and eat up allot of clock and it worked well. JC had a chance at the end to even the score and just couldn't pull it in. As far as total yards for JJ, I would say around 90. I think he'll be more than happy to be used as a decoy very often. It worked against Belfry. Highlands isn't exactly going to be surprised by what they see against this team. It's the same thing they saw last year. This is not a game of who's the better coach. It's quite simply a game of "you know what's coming, now try to stop it". Another year of well balanced team play against smash mouth football.

Like i've said many, many times. Highlands doesn't need stats or records or big talk from the fans, they have championships. When one of our eastern Ky teams takes that from them then we can get on here and run our mouths about how good Smash mouth, mountain football is.

You said it yourself smashmouth mountain football doesn' t have a very good record against the Birds , what makes you think anything different will happen Friday night. You obviously have a great RB in Jude , and he has great talent , but the Birds have shut down many , many great backs over the years. Since most high school football teams are run oriented , it should just be seen as business as usual . If you don't believe me , dig up a copy of the Elder game and you will see a running game not many has seen from the mountains . The Birds also shut down Elders passing game that they had , Elder got open over the middle , but Highlands DB's layed the wood on the recievers and after a while they weren't too froggy about catching passes.

I saw on some previous posts about writing things down , you can write this down : Hoosier Bird Fan says " if Highlands D plays like they did at Elder , Johnson Central doesn't have a prayer of winning this game "

That's what we thought in 2002. I look for JC to unwrap a surprise passing game, as I believe they did last year in that nail-biter.

And they didnt complete a pass. I think they threw 3 times in the last minute to play in the game and the Birds did what they want teams to do....Throw it, we dare you.

My thoughts last yr was if Johnsons Central would have thrown the ball more last yr as a team and practiced it and used it as part of their game plan week in and week out then perhaps they could have completed one of those passes in the end.

I think Jude (the BGP poster that is) said it best. The State Championship runs through Ft Thomas and if Johnsons Central wants it they know where to come get it. LOL

And they didnt complete a pass. I think they threw 3 times in the last minute to play in the game and the Birds did what they want teams to do....Throw it, we dare you.

My thoughts last yr was if Johnsons Central would have thrown the ball more last yr as a team and practiced it and used it as part of their game plan week in and week out then perhaps they could have completed one of those passes in the end.

I think Jude (the BGP poster that is) said it best. The State Championship runs through Ft Thomas and if Johnsons Central wants it they know where to come get it. LOL

Does anyone know if JC has thrown the ball more this year than last? With Matney not reporting stats to the KHSAA, it's hard to know (and I'm sure a reason why he doesn't report stats) unless you get tape on every game.

Another thing I noticed on the KHSAA scoreboard: JC's district opponents list not only the yards they gained rushing and passing, but also the yards given up rushing and passing to opponents for all games except what looks like one game; the JC game. Neither Ashland, Rowan or Boyd listed that the passing and rushing yards gained by JC. Anyone know if Matney asked them not to report that info to the KHSAA?