Jesus heals Malchus.

I know I'm way out of my theological league in this company, but let me make this quick observation. In Matt. 16, when Peter tried to prevent Jesus from returning to Jerusalem, He rebuked Peter for interfering with God's plan. It would seem typical of the symmetry we so often find in Biblical texts, for Peter to be the one who lops off Malchus' ear -- once again trying to protect Jesus. And since it was God's will that the passion go forward, would not Malchus be doing God's will at that point? Perhaps he received divine wisdom in that touch, and therefore, new that he should not interfere.

I understand what you are saying Birdsfan....same then could be said for Judas....and the two on the cross next to Jesus. Peter is an awesome, but flawed character, in the Bible.

It seems to go along with the idea that God can use all things to accomplish His will. In my opinion, it doesn't make it good, right or acceptable that the person in question done wrong. Instead it speaks to the providence and omniscience of God in being able to achieve His purpose through sinful human beings.
Very true. I heard an expression the other day: God makes a straight path along crooked roads.

Neither Christ or his religion is to be defended by secular arms. This is all part of God's plan to show or prove that Jesus was indeed the Messiah. Peter actually meant to hit Malchus in the head to split his scull wide open but God in all of his wisdom turned it aside and only allowed the ear to be cut off. Also it was cut completely off so that either Jesus would have to pick it up to reattach it or make a new one. Either one would prove the unlimited ifinite power it would take to perform such a miracle.

Edited by nWo

Cool, I like that one^^^^ Also many times it was foretold inthe Od Testament that there would be a Savior and a lot of how and what will be done to him. Peter it took him awhile to get it and even many years later Paul had to rebuke him because he kept going back to Jewish ways.

Also when Jesus said," Those who live by the sword will perish by the sword." He also was talking about the Romans and Jewish Nations. For the Jews, under Roman sanction, put our lord and savior to death. Both took the sword against Christ and both perish by it. The Jews by the sword of the Romans and the Romans by the Goths and others.

One more thing, another reason Jesus told Peter to put away his sword. He said instead of the twelve disciples, one of who was a traitor, he could call on his father to send down twelve legions of angels to save him but it was God's will that he did what he had to do.