South Oldham / Cooper predictions

greeny94

Huge game for both.

Cooper can get the #1 seed with a win and a win over Grant.

Should S Oldham win and beat Grant I think they will get the #1 due to the 3-way tie-breaker rules.

Conner will be pulling for Cooper so that they can end up #2.

South Oldham has already beaten Grant County, 74-26.... The only other game they have is against Scott in the district....Does anyone know what happens with a 3 way tie breaker rules?? Are there any other district in the state of Kentucky that may end up with a 3 way tie for the District Championship?

I believe that if South beats Cooper, then beats Scott High, then they will be a 3 team tie for the district championship. I don't know the exact rules or tie breaker stipulations for a 3 way tie... If Cooper beats South, then Cooper wins out and wins the district championship, the best Conner can do is finish second...

3-way tie-breaker rules:

Each team gets a point for every win an opponent has other than wins over the other teams they are tied with. You pick 4 teams to count points.

Once that is determined the team with the next highest points is the #2 seed . This is where I screwed up. I thought once the #1 seed was determined that they went head-to-head on the remaining two.

Cooper fares the worst in a 3-way tie.

If Conner can beat Ryle Friday that would give them a great shot at the #1 in a 3-way tie.

If Conner fails to beat Ryle or CCH then they probably get the 2 seed and S.O. would get the 1.

I hope Cooper wins but I know nothing of South Olham's team and anyone that scores 74 points has to have some talent no matter who they played. I think the Conner/ SO game was tight for a half or so and they broke a couple of long TD's to open it up. This is another stepping stone for Cooper's program to see how they handle some success. A big win over their main rival, now can they get back up for this game.

I hope Cooper wins but I know nothing of South Olham's team and anyone that scores 74 points has to have some talent no matter who they played. I think the Conner/ SO game was tight for a half or so and they broke a couple of long TD's to open it up. This is another stepping stone for Cooper's program to see how they handle some success. A big win over their main rival, now can they get back up for this game.

Huge game for Cooper. 1 or 3 seed?

Wow thats crazy so if you have a easy schedule it will help you in a tie breaker in district . Cooper beats Conner and still could be a 3 seed . I think it should go head to head first.

It can't be too easy. If I read Clyde's post correctly, you need to beat teams that have wins to get points. If you schedule bad teams who don't get wins, that hurts you. The opponents you beat need to win games to give you points.

Wow thats crazy so if you have a easy schedule it will help you in a tie breaker in district . Cooper beats Conner and still could be a 3 seed . I think it should go head to head first.

I don't think you're understanding how it works.

The better the teams are that you beat the better your chances are of winning the tie-breaker.

Head-to-head only comes into play if two teams are tied - not when three teams are tied.

It can't be too easy. If I read Clyde's post correctly, you need to beat teams that have wins to get points. If you schedule bad teams who don't get wins, that hurts you. The opponents you beat need to win games to give you points.

Correct. Cooper will lose out in a 3-way tie because of not having wins over teams that have good records (other than Conner).

Again, they control their own destiny. Beat S Oldham and this is just academic.