April 18, 201214 yr I really can't remember wanting a group of players more than I want Cal to reel in the Harrisons and Parker. GT, I know it's most likely way too early, but could you see him bringing all 3 in?
April 18, 201214 yr I really can't remember wanting a group of players more than I want Cal to reel in the Harrisons and Parker. GT, I know it's most likely way too early, but could you see him bringing all 3 in? Sure. Parker will be a battle, but UK will be right there. Will be surprised if he doesn't get the twins...
April 18, 201214 yr Author I'm really hoping they end up getting Troy Williams. He is the perfect Calipari wing, a guy who can play 2-4 and defend 1-4. He wouldn't be a game changer but he's the type of guy you would like to have in this class. Depending on the number of scholarships available this is going to be a monster class. Right now I'm thinking....... Randle Harrison Twins Troy Williams Derrick Willis and then maybe one or two more depending on scholarships. Like GT said, will be an outright battle for Randle but I'm not going to ever count Cal out on a guy he really wants. He has lost out on Will Barton, Perry Ellis, and Bazz as pretty much guys hes went all in on and missed out. Aside from those three though he normally ends up closing the deal. So at this point I can't give up on him. My thinking is they get at least one of the two of Julius Randle and Jabari Parker. Although I know Kentucky is heavily involved on Parker my gut just tells me Randle would be the one out of those two they get. It is way too early in the process to go on gut feelings I know, but if Williams commits then Parker could go anywhere else and not have to share any minutes at all. I also think Cal could get some use out of Randle at the 5 spot some and could sale him on basically playing as much as he wants to play. The way he could use him as a 5 in the DDM would not be your typical center so I doubt he would be opposed to it that much the way most 4's would be having to move to the five. Again, all way too early but very fun discussion none the less.
April 18, 201214 yr Randall and the Twins are the ones I really want out of this class. Any idea on when any of these will announce, Summer, Fall, next Spring?
April 18, 201214 yr Author Another big thing I've noticed in the class of 2013 lately is Aaron Gordon adding Kentucky to his list. Up until a few months ago Kentucky wasn't even on his list now they are getting a lot more attention. I still look for him to stay out west but could be another player to watch out for. Looks like the staff has totally given up on Chris Walker (unless something changes) so they may make a run to get Gordon. One of my favorites in the class, guy can really dunk it. Some are calling him the next Blake Griffin. He is an adept rebounder and can pull a board and start the fast break. Something Calipari could really take advantage of.
April 18, 201214 yr I thought that UK was all but out of it with Randle? How good is Dereck Willis? I have not heard or even tried to read about any of these players yet. What type of game do the twins have? And the other guys were after. No matter what it does sound like Coach Cal is in good position with a lot of them, so should be another top class most likely.
April 18, 201214 yr Author I thought that UK was all but out of it with Randle? How good is Dereck Willis? To be honest I don't think the recruitment of neither Randle or Parker has really started to heat up yet. Kentucky will definitely be in play. I am visioning a Kentucky/Duke matchup for Randle in the end. But they are just high school juniors, kids. A lot can change between now and then, but right now I don't think the balls really got that far down the hill as far as their recruitment goes. Going to have to sit and wait it out. As for Willis, he can play at Kentucky. Considering Calipari is in on so many top guys in this class, I think it says a lot he took the commitment from Willis. True it was fun to take him away from Slick Rick. True its a good idea to keep a Kentucky boy in the rotation so the fan's don't go nuts. But aside from that I think Cal really wanted the kid. He is very skilled for his size and can put the ball on the deck and play inside and out. Needs to work on his post game but with his ability to go off the bounce I think he will fit in with what Cal wants to do. I think he will continue to fill his game out and by the time he leaves Kentucky will be a solid player.
April 19, 201214 yr Keep an eye out for Mario Hezonja from Croatia, but for 2014. Interest from both parties, and the kid LOVES UK!
April 19, 201214 yr I thought that UK was all but out of it with Randle? How good is Dereck Willis? I thought the talk was that Randle would land at Duke, but maybe I'm making that up.
April 19, 201214 yr To be honest I don't think the recruitment of neither Randle or Parker has really started to heat up yet. Kentucky will definitely be in play. I am visioning a Kentucky/Duke matchup for Randle in the end. But they are just high school juniors, kids. A lot can change between now and then, but right now I don't think the balls really got that far down the hill as far as their recruitment goes. Going to have to sit and wait it out. As for Willis, he can play at Kentucky. Considering Calipari is in on so many top guys in this class, I think it says a lot he took the commitment from Willis. True it was fun to take him away from Slick Rick. True its a good idea to keep a Kentucky boy in the rotation so the fan's don't go nuts. But aside from that I think Cal really wanted the kid. He is very skilled for his size and can put the ball on the deck and play inside and out. Needs to work on his post game but with his ability to go off the bounce I think he will fit in with what Cal wants to do. I think he will continue to fill his game out and by the time he leaves Kentucky will be a solid player. Don't count out Kansas with Randall. Zack Peters is going to Kansas, they are on the same high school team.
April 19, 201214 yr Any word if UK has offered Chris Walker--6'9'' 205 athletic forward. Seems to love UK, just from reading some of his tweets.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.