Who are your favorite players.

Bighurtt

Obviously from my screen name this post will have an "orange" hue...lol.

First and foremost, modern players are Peyton Manning ( who if I'm not mistaken sits just to the right of the Lord in the kingdom around here!), Al Wilson...what a stud linebacker in college and now the pros. Old school, my alltime favorite has to be a Kentucky (well U of L product anyway)..Johnny Unitas.

College Players that I have enjoyed over the past few years - Reggie Bush..wow!, Jesse Mahelona at UT was phenominal, as was Kevin Simon and Jason Hall.

High school in my area - Teddy Thompson from Harlan (too bad his size doesn't match his heart), John Cole from Somerset ( only a sophmore this past year..my goodness what an upside!), Jimmy Chafin from Lynn Camp ( really athletic...someone should take a D1 chance on him), Chase Hamlin from Williamsburg - great hands, decent size, if he gets stronger and faster could be a wonderful prospect, Aaron Root also from Williamsburg - this dog hunts! I love the way he gets after it at linebacker, 5'9" 185 lbs make him a bit like Thompson, alot of heart and he's getting stronger and faster and definitelly has a head for the game, and last but not least Clint Cashen at Corbin...height may hurt him as far as the next level, but can make all the throws and leadership drips off him.

Hope this was what you were looking for and thanks for starting this thread. It was fun to reminicse a little bit!

I would love to here your favorite players in the NFL,college, and in your high school,everything! Even your kids.

Active Players:

NFL: Brett Farve

College: Brian Brohm

High school: Eric Senn

All Time:

NFL: Joe Montana

College: Brian Brohm

High School: Brian Brohm

Maybe some day Brian will be my favorite NFL player too!!!!!

Today -

NFL - Shaun Alexander, LT, TJ, Rudy, and "The Man" Odel Thurman.

College - None special....

High School - Nick Metzger, Brady Huenfeld, Ryan Atchley, Scott Gumble, Adam Huber and the rest of the seniors who are moving on.

All Time -

NFL - Earl Campbell, James Brooks, Barry Sanders, Jack Hamm.

College - Tony Dorsett, Archie Griffin, ROCKET

HIGH SCHOOL - Shaun..., Artoose Pinner, all the Colonels (Red and Blue).

Now:

NFL - Peyton Manning, Jason Witten, Carson Palmer, Mike Alstott, Shaun Alexander

College - Brady Quinn, Jeff Samardzija, Tom Zbikowski

High School - Mike Schrode, Nathan Schiesler, Alex Petracco, Ben Wells, Jason Daniels, Joe Diedenhofer, Chase Cecil, Chad Hudepohl, Ben Guidugli, Jordan Bridgett, Brandon Fugate, Michael Pryse, Stephen Howell, Eric Beck, Eric Theiss, Michael Martin, Josh Abell, Dan Keuper and Ben Seibert.

Then:

NFL - Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly, Tony Dorsett, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Moose Johnston, Randy White, Jay Novacek, Bill Bates, Ed "Too Tall" Jones

College - Joe Montanna, Julius Jones, Jerome Bettis

High School - Jared Lorenzen, Steve Lickert, Derrick Smith, Ryan Brossart, Shaun Matazak (sp), Noah Gibson, Brandon Cottingham