All-Time KY High School Football Team

iPapi

Tim Hampton he was on The 1991 GRC state championship team, probaly one of the most dominating running backs I have ever seen in highschool. He cold not be stopped he just ran over and around people.

Ive heard this also, from his coach. I have heard that if he had gotten his act togethor he would of had a good shot at playing on Sundays.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few not mentioned. Rob Kuhnhein, HHS / Ohio State. Mike Keirnan, NCC / ND and a kid from Louisville OL, I think at Trinity and went to Michigan and played a few yearsin the pros. I think his name was Bubba Paris.

Scott Kunhein, but I don't think that he was even the best lineman in NKY that year. That would have been Kurt Doolin from CovCath. Also, Wooley from Beechwood was better. Kunhein, however, did beat my butt when we played them. I just feel that those guys were better having played against them.

Runningbacks - Henry Parks (Harrodsburg), Chris Turner (Danville),and George Adams (Lexington?), where very good backs in their days.

Kicker - Pelfrey from Scott High was good.

DL - Dennis Johnson (Harrodsburg)

Hey Rebel, I think you meant Chris Jones from Danville didn't you?

Jones was sought after by Switzer at Oklahoma and UK's Curci got him instead. He was a High School All-American (Parade) in 1977. He led UK in rushing in '79 if memory serves. Destroyed his knee at Commonwealth Stadium his sophomore year and never played again.

Rick Massie- ( Bo. Co.) (UK-walk-on)Canadian?? & Denver Broncos

Raymond Smith (Paris) (Purdue) N.O. Saints/Eagles??

Frank Lemaster-(Bo. Co./Fayette Co??) Eagles

Frank Minnefield - Of Course

??? Garner-(Trinity)-Dolphins

Jacoby-Louisville-Fern Creek?-Washington Redskins (not sure where he played in HS)

If you throw Brohm in the mix, then Michael Bush has to be there as well..As far as the 3 state championships, I wouldn't give much credit for that, considering how many Trinity has had before he was ever a part of it and there in it again twice since he's been gone...Couch, too, was on cover of SI

Couch was on the cover of SI as a high schooler? When? Please provide date because I don't think so.

Brian Brohm was not a better QB in High School than Tim Couch was IMO. ESPN has Tim as 1 of the top 5 High School Athletes of ALL-TIME. So yea, my vote goes to Couch. I also don't think Brohm will end up in the top 4 in the Heisman like Tim was after his Junior year in college but this is about the High School level so like I already said, I pick Couch.

Couch was on the cover of SI as a high schooler? When? Please provide date because I don't think so.

He was featured in SI his senior year, but don't believe he made the cover. He might have had a small insert in the corner of the cover.

Derek Smith could be the 3rd down TE. Jacobs was the state's 1st Mr. Football, Smith finished second in '98.

In that case, Harp could be the second. He started over half his junior year over Derrick Smith. He was much more physical. Harp would hit you right in the mouth. Thats why the staff was going to redshirt Smith the next year to stagger the two apart, and because harp was going to be the starter. That is why D. Smith went in the draft early. Even though harp was a qb in high school

Hey Rebel, I think you meant Chris Jones from Danville didn't you?

Jones was sought after by Switzer at Oklahoma and UK's Curci got him instead. He was a High School All-American (Parade) in 1977. He led UK in rushing in '79 if memory serves. Destroyed his knee at Commonwealth Stadium his sophomore year and never played again.

Correct Hatz :thumb: Thats who I meant. I can remember as a little youngster watching him run the ball for Danville against Boyle.

Be careful coming up with this team based on how guys did AFTER high school. If the list is for the best KY HS football players ever, then you'd better keep it to considerations of how the guys did in HS, and forget about college/pro successes or failures.

Correct Hatz :thumb: Thats who I meant. I can remember as a little youngster watching him run the ball for Danville against Boyle.

A little youngster!!!! :lol:

You're just a year younger than me and I was a freshman Jones' senior year!

BTW, were we ever "little youngsters?" :sssh:

A little youngster!!!! :lol:

You're just a year younger than me and I was a freshman Jones' senior year!

BTW, were we ever "little youngsters?" :sssh:

Well I was just a big kid that always played football behind the goalpost during the football games. Mom hated that all my clothes where always grass stained, and ripped after the high school games. I would like to think that at one time I was little, even if I can't remember it. :sssh:

Based on high school careers, no question about it, Couch is the quarterback.

I don't see where either bias could choose Couch or Brohm with "no question." Both were scary good, and recieved national attention for a reason. It's a good toss-up, IMO.