All-Time KY High School Football Team

iPapi

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Couch also played as an 8th grader and started his freshman year. If they had allowed for Brian to do so, he would have annihilated most of Couch's records....no worries there.

IMO Brian had a much better set of teammates to work with, Couch and Co. put Hyden, Ky. on the football map.

Was Don Gullett a QB in HS ??? He might be better than both Brohm and Couch...just from a different era! He did everything but sell popcorn! And I'll take Alfred "Sonny" Collins over Homer at RB. (and Collins would take Roller at LB I'd bet!)

Brohm-Couch, Couch-Brohm. Didn't former first round draft pick, two time former Pro Bowler, former Super Bowl MVP, former Pro Bowl MVP, top twenty NFL history in passing yards Phil Simms also play a little football in Kentucky in high school? Just a thought before we get carried away by our partisan passions!

• 2 weeks later...

This is all subjective so there isn't a rigth or wrong answer on Couch/Brohm. If you are going to go on stats neither of them had the Senior year Justin Burke had this year! I think it's great if you really sit back and think of the group of QB's KY has put into Division 1 the last 10 or so years!

In my opinion Tim Couch was the best QB in the history of Kentucky to this point. No offense to Brian Brohm but I played against Trinty three times and went 1-2 against them all in the playoffs, and they had the greatest distribution of talent across the board of any team I had ever seen and the fact that Brian Brohm has three rings is great, but his play was far from the Hurculean effort Tim Couch had to put in just to make Leslie Co. competitive, Trinity's 2nd team was nearly as good as our first team at nearly every position, I had to play against people like Will heineman, DeQuese May, Alex Hennessy, Geoff Riddle, VINCE POWERS(he was amazing against us, hence the caps), and Dylan Thiry and the best high school kicker I have ever seen Karl Heinz Williams, and others (i.e.Tashan McBroom), I can only fathom the success that a future #1 pick in the NFL could have had in Bob Beatty's scheme, and that brings me to another point Trinity has the BEST collection of coaches that money can buy in the state of Kentucky, and that is why I believe Couch has an edge however no one can deny Brohm is very talented and deserving of all his accolades and success.