France bans the veil for Muslim women

That is stretching it. You can tell who a friend is with sunglasses more so than if someone covered their entire face....so, yes, you can be for one and against the other. Not saying I am but, the two are different.

It's all a matter of degree. If you're TRULY concerned about security then you allow NOTHING that can conceal your identity or make it more difficult to determine.

No right thinking person would be for that.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is pretty strict baptist and she wears shorts. She does however only wear dresses to church, as do all of the women in my church. maybe you mean holiness wearing skirts all of the time.

It's asinine to point out one exception to a generalization. I know of Republicans that are gay. That doesn't disprove my contention that most Rs are not gay.

True UNLESS you argue that this ban is right for security purposes as Mt Ref has.

We can't start telling people what they can we and can't wear out in public without a rational basis. There is no rational basis for this ban.

I’m relatively unconcerned with what policies France undertakes. But, France has a long history of anti-immigrant and forced assimilation policies, such as this burqa ban, and we get to see how successful they’ve been. Although we have Constitutional protections here, French policies should give us something to think about as we look at our own immigration situation and calls for cultural purity. And I think those French policies should give us pause.

It's all a matter of degree. If you're TRULY concerned about security then you allow NOTHING that can conceal your identity or make it more difficult to determine.

No right thinking person would be for that.

Like I said before, France isn't doing it for security purposes. They want to preserve their culture. I agree with you. I don't think you can tell someone what to wear or what not to. I just thought it was a bit ridiculous to compare sunglasses to a ski mask.