Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jordan Brand Classic 2011

Featured Replies

How dideveryone look ?

  • Replies 78
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Austin Rivers...I just don't see it. Think he is going to be a real disappointment for Coach K.

Austin Rivers...I just don't see it. Think he is going to be a real disappointment for Coach K.

 

I see the talent, but I'm not sold on him either. Great talent, I just really don't like watching him play. Maybe Coach K can change that though.

So Davis continues to impress, does anyone think he's the #1 player in this years class now?

So Davis continues to impress, does anyone think he's the #1 player in this years class now?

 

ESPN has him at #1.

ESPN has him at #1.

 

Scout too, I believe.

I haven't seen a lot of these guys, save the last few all-star games & some random highlight videos. But just going off the eye-test, I have come to a few conclusions:

 

* Anthony Davis is the best player in this class & the greatest pro prospect. He will be a matchup nightmare for the opposition next year & assuming no injuries, will set the UK single season blocked shots record.

 

* Austin Rivers is the next best player. I know people are on him a lot for shooting so much. And yes, I saw him throw a disastrous alley-oop to himself, but he's the best scorer at this stage. If I could have any of these players for just one year, I'd take Davis first & Rivers next.

 

* If I could have just one of these guys for the next ten years, however, I'd still take Davis first & Brad Beal next. I love the kid's body & he just seems like he has potential to be an absolute star for years to come. The Florida backcourt next season is going to be flat out nasty.

 

* Tony Wroten is the best point guard of this bunch, followed by Kabongo & Teague. Loved the interview they did with Kabongo. Seems like a classy kid and he gives an outstanding interview. Seldom see that for kids this age.

 

* If I had a quarter for every time I've heard about Michael Gilchrist's "motor"...But you know what? The kid has some kind of motor. Going to be a HUGE fan favorite in Lexington.

 

* Worried some about Teague. Matt Jones has said he'll drive UK fans crazy next year & I believe he's going to prove right on that prediction.

 

* Kyle Wiltjer is old school & I love it.

 

* James McAdoo is going to be a very good college basketball player, but not sure about how he'll fare in the pros. P.J. Hairston will provide UNC with the perimeter scoring they desperately lacked this year. If Barnes comes back, the Heels are the #1 team in the land next year.

 

* Back to where I began, I'd be shocked if someone other than Anthony Davis or Austin Rivers was the national freshman of the year next season.

^ I love Matt Jones and what he does probably almost more than anybody on this site but he is often wrong about a lot of things. I would even venture to say some things he doesn't even know what hes talking about at all. Teague will be just fine, especially as the season progresses. He will probably have more bumps along the way than Wall and Knight but he will be a major contributor from day one. It's obvious everybody trys to ane up for the All-Star games so don't expect him to make that many turnovers and bad decisions from the flow of an actual offense. With the way he pushes the ball and drives he will turn the ball over more than Knight more than likely but he will also make numerous plays for Kentucky up and down the floor in transition. With all the 3 pt potential thats possibly going to be on the wings next year Kentucky is going to be very dangerous getting out and running in the open court. When you have a guy like Davis who can block a shot, gather the ball and start a break (instead of standing in place waiting for a ball handler) himself then push to the guys ahead a guy like Teague is just going to thrive. The main thing is Calipari getting him in the flow of a half court set and once he does that will be just fine. His penetration is going to open up a lot of things for other guys who can penetrate and hit the three. As much as I love Kabongo and Wroten (passing abilities) I wouldn't want anybody else in this class for the dribble drive more than I would Teague.

^As far as Matt Jones goes I don't know much about him but I don't think his job is too hard. To me he's just a huge UK fan that has built a large audience. I enjoy going to KSR but not for learning anything about UK basketball. The status updates people put up on facebook are about as informational as KSR is IMO.

I think Beal is a better player than Rivers from the games I have seen.

Rivers is ultra selfish.

 

Will Billy D have enough basketballs for his backcourt next year?

Walker, Boynton, Rosario, and Beal.

^As far as Matt Jones goes I don't know much about him but I don't think his job is too hard. To me he's just a huge UK fan that has built a large audience. I enjoy going to KSR but not for learning anything about UK basketball. The status updates people put up on facebook are about as informational as KSR is IMO.

 

He does have a radio and TV show daily, those don't fall under the 'easy' category. He is much better on radio than I thought he would be. Download a podcast sometime, they are very entertaining.

I think Beal is a better player than Rivers from the games I have seen.

Rivers is ultra selfish.

 

Will Billy D have enough basketballs for his backcourt next year?

Walker, Boynton, Rosario, and Beal.

Florida may set a record for bad 3 point shot attempts with that group.

 

Will Billy D have enough basketballs for his backcourt next year?

Walker, Boynton, Rosario, and Beal.

Just imagine if Rivers had stay committed to the Gators!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.