Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jordan Brand Classic 2011

Featured Replies

I thought Rivers is a shooting guard. I am 100% sure he won't be a point guard at Duke. He is going to be asked to score the ball. Not run the offense. Not lead the team. Come in and score the ball, play some defense, challenge for an ACC title and NCAA title and then go meet your dad in pros. If all of you guys are are right and he is as selfish as you make him out to be then I am 100% certain that Coach soon-to-be-all-time-winningest-coach-in-men's-college-basketball K will reign him in. I am sure his father will also. It's obvious Austin is on his way to be one of the top 5 hated Dukies ever amongst Christian, JJ and Wojo.

 

If we want to talk about how kids look in All Star games then Marquis Teague will be the most hated Wildcat on next year's team by Christmas.

Not even close. He won't even be a blip on the hate radar.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not even close. He won't even be a blip on the hate radar.

 

You think? I can see student sections coming after him hard during every road game. Especially if the Austin Rivers hype machine gets going.

I don't think he'll be selfish either. This will be the best team with the best coach he has ever had. I think he is smart enough and good enough to know and deliver what is expected of him.

 

 

I do think he'll be one of the most hated because he will be on tv, Sportscenter, etc a lot because of his story. He is kind of corny and he raps like JJ. :lol: I think opposing fans will go after him before anyone else on the team. If he plays as great as expected he'll likely be hated by non Duke fans. Kind of like Harrison Barnes was by non UNC fans after he was named an All American as a freshman. Just more intense because he'll be at Duke.

 

Na, have you seen how goofy Ryan Kelly and the Plumlee's look? They'll easily be more hated than Rivers. :lol:

Na, have you seen how goofy Ryan Kelly and the Plumlee's look? They'll easily be more hated than Rivers. :lol:

 

No comment.:cool:

 

You have to be a great player to be hated and while I like Kelly and the 3Plums I wouldn't call them 'great' players. I can see Austin being hated similar to how JJ was. The fact that Austin will only be around 1 year(barring a rules change and immediate implementation) it is going to speed up the hate process, IMO. Especially when we hear him rap again. :lol:

 

Basketball players want to be rappers and rappers want to be basketball players.....smh....:lol::confused:

The Magic Scout that I hang out with watched practices at McD's and Jordan game and here was his take last night on the guys he was talking about. He is a former college player/coach and really has no allegences except to his former school. I wont give his school away, but he HATES VCU. :)

 

Davis - Most NBA ready HS player in years and it isn't close. Said he had 4 blocked shots in about a 12 second span...two on each side of the rim...he said scouts were drooling.

Gilchrist - Solid player, nothing spectacular, works his butt off.

Wiltjer - Amazing hook shot and very solid fundamentally.

Teague - Super fast and much better than his brother at this point.

McAdoo - A beast that will be a star next year.

Rivers - Can score at will - wouldn't want him on his team. Not well-liked. K will have a tough job getting him "in the group", but he will probably do it.

Hairston - Nice game, needs a couple years.

 

He said he hasn't paid his own money to watch a basketball game in 30 years and that IF the UK 3 came back next year he would pay to watch them and UNC practice. He then stated the game between UK/UNC will have more NBA Quality than the Knicks have this year.

You misunderstood what I meant by tough. It is a tough job to get and maintain. If not, I guess we would all have our own show. Anywho.

 

Yes I did. I definitely agree it is a job job to get, I don't see how anyone would disagree with that.

You misunderstood what I meant by tough. It is a tough job to get and maintain. If not, I guess we would all have our own show. Anywho.

 

He is so good at it he has been fired from like 4 stations while working for free... :lol:

He is so good at it he has been fired from like 4 stations while working for free... :lol:

 

I listen to a lot of sports talk radio and think he holds the attention of the listeners very well compared to some. Sorry for having an opinion :thumb:

I listen to a lot of sports talk radio and think he holds the attention of the listeners very well compared to some. Sorry for having an opinion :thumb:

 

You like facts so much, just figured I'd give you one. He's a UK homer, so you liking what he has to say is no shock. He is still awful at his job...

You like facts so much, just figured I'd give you one. He's a UK homer, so you liking what he has to say is no shock. He is still awful at his job...

 

He certainly has a very targeted audience but even non UK topics I find pretty good. There are way worse out there to listen to.

He certainly has a very targeted audience but even non UK topics I find pretty good. There are way worse out there to listen to.

 

He's a Duke educated lawyer. Pulling the wool over people's eyes is his go to move...

He's a Duke educated lawyer. Pulling the wool over people's eyes is his go to move...

 

I just said the radio show was better than I expected.

 

By no means do I think he is great but he has a radio show, TV show and is a national writer for CBS Sports, he must be better than awful.

he must be better than awful.

 

Nope. Just good at making people think otherwise. He is good at that...

He's a Duke educated lawyer. Pulling the wool over people's eyes is his go to move...

 

So I see.:D

Nope. Just good at making people think otherwise. He is good at that...

 

:ohbrother:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.