April 22, 201115 yr Nope. Just good at making people think otherwise. He is good at that... Sounds like someone else I know that may or may not post on this site.
April 22, 201115 yr Sounds like someone else I know that may or may not post on this site. PICK ME! PICK ME! You REALLY don't want to go there... :thumb:
April 22, 201115 yr Sounds like someone else I know that may or may not post on this site. I don't really agree with this but I do have to admit I really :lol: here.
April 22, 201115 yr I don't know about Matt Jones' history--his failings or successes--but from what I'm seeing in front of me in the here-and-now, he's doing well for himself. In addition to a radio show that has done very well in Louisville he has a nightly, half-hour TV show, acquired the CBS writing gig, has made several appearances doing the pre-game stuff for basketball games w/ Oscar Combs, & has turned the KSR site into a monster. So just going off that, he seems successful from my vantage point. Now, has he burned bridges in the process? Absolutely. The couple of people that I know who actually know Jones don't care for him. This is how I see he & Maggard as being very much alike. Both can be really good at what they do, but make a lot of enemies in the process because of their style, personality, etc. But as an avid UK fan, I'm a supporter of just about anybody who provides UK info on a 24/7/365 basis, which is what Jones does--and even Maggard to a certain extent.
April 22, 201115 yr My thing is they don't really provide info IMO. They just give opinion, which much of the time seems very uniformed if they are pretending to be insiders. I enjoy going there but I don't take it seriously. JMO
April 23, 201115 yr My thing is they don't really provide info IMO. They just give opinion, which much of the time seems very uniformed if they are pretending to be insiders. I enjoy going there but I don't take it seriously. JMO The info they provide isn't always breaking news or which recruit is going where, though they have done so before--sometimes accurately and other times not so much. I don't really go there for recruiting news. Why would I go somewhere else for recruiting info when GT provides me with plenty of material here? :lol::thumb: (By the way, I've never seen anyone as accurate on their recruiting analysis than our very own GT) The website & radio show are both sometimes informative, frequently goofy, and always entertaining. They also make fun of themselves with almost as much frequency as they make fun of others. As I said before, I can certainly see how Jones isn't the most popular guy in the world with other media types & even non-media types. At the same time, I can also see why KSR's popularity has grown so much in the last 6-10 months.
April 23, 201115 yr The info they provide isn't always breaking news or which recruit is going where, though they have done so before--sometimes accurately and other times not so much. I don't really go there for recruiting news. Why would I go somewhere else for recruiting info when GT provides me with plenty of material here? :lol::thumb: (By the way, I've never seen anyone as accurate on their recruiting analysis than our very own GT) The website & radio show are both sometimes informative, frequently goofy, and always entertaining. They also make fun of themselves with almost as much frequency as they make fun of others. As I said before, I can certainly see how Jones isn't the most popular guy in the world with other media types & even non-media types. At the same time, I can also see why KSR's popularity has grown so much in the last 6-10 months. Dead on.:thumb:
April 23, 201115 yr ^^^I'll never be in the "Kissing GT's butt crowd :lol:", but he has been money since I've been on here. I appreciate what he does for us on here and even though it may not seem like it at times I really like him as a poster, I just don't want him to get a big head .
April 23, 201115 yr ^^^I'll never be in the "Kissing GT's butt crowd :lol:" You should join. We're an exclusive bunch.
April 23, 201115 yr :lol: This comment could encompass many things that have been discussed. Please elaborate dot, dot, dot
April 23, 201115 yr You should join. We're an exclusive bunch. Naw, can't do it. Every now and then I just have to get him going. It is way too fun. GT is definitely one of the guys on here that I would definitely buy a beer if I saw him out though. :thumb:
April 23, 201115 yr I call it like I see it. If it's kissing his butt so be it.:notworthy: He makes me look good at work.:thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.