Alabama 68 Kentucky 66

SportsGuy41017

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true and I believe that if this continues, Cal should begin avoiding them more than what he has.

Cal is the master of taking these kids and molding them in to a cohesive team. You avoid kids that do not fit the system. Supremely gifted talents fit in nicely. Last year was the exception have 4 Freshman leave, not the rule.

It is not that he takes a multitude of shots, but it just seems very few of them come within the flow of the game. I think he is just young, immature, and does not get it yet. Bad news for this team is that the switch may not come on until he is wearing an NBA jersey.

Agreed his 2 assists in 4 SEC games confirms that.

Robet Morris beat St Peters by 24, St. Peters beat us. hey, its january 19th, you don't want to peak right now do you? National signing day is in two weeks. Coach Cal, northeastern way of coaching your kids? :idunno: On a positive note my son's school mates love to tease each other and with him being a Bama boy he wasn't happy going to school until heard Mike & Mike this morning.

Had the pleasure of seeing this one in person, and I can now truly appreciate what it's like to be Kentucky playing on the road in the SEC!! 'Bama guys I was with said this was much closer to an Alabama/Auburn football atmosphere than an Alabama basketball game. Fans, students, band, etc. really got up for this one.

I felt KY was victimized more by poor shooting and rebounding than anything else. Bama's bigs & defense looked pretty good and #5 (Mitchell?) was very quick. Huge dropoff when the Cats go past their 6th man, and Harrellson is soooo inconsistent offensively. Tide's coach literally pleaded with their fans on the postgame show to turn out like this for other games.

Oh my gosh the sky is falling.

Cal can't coach

One and dones don't care

Disappeariuos miller should have take the clutch shot (you have to be kidding)

can't win on the road

Harrleson is inconsistent

Geez you guys are killing me.

Fwiw, one of the most sensible post was by Jim Shue and he hates UK.

After thinking about this loss some... I finally figured out what it is that REALLY bothers me about it. UK lost this game without getting in major foul trouble. That's really been the main problem in the games we've lost up to this point, and I've always been able to attribute it to lack of depth. This time there is no legitimate excuse. Our best players played and it wasn't good enough.

Had the pleasure of seeing this one in person, and I can now truly appreciate what it's like to be Kentucky playing on the road in the SEC!! 'Bama guys I was with said this was much closer to an Alabama/Auburn football atmosphere than an Alabama basketball game. Fans, students, band, etc. really got up for this one.

I felt KY was victimized more by poor shooting and rebounding than anything else. Bama's bigs & defense looked pretty good and #5 (Mitchell?) was very quick. Huge dropoff when the Cats go past their 6th man, and Harrellson is soooo inconsistent offensively. Tide's coach literally pleaded with their fans on the postgame show to turn out like this for other games.

Won't happen though. UK is every SEC team's home game of the year. The rest of the season their gyms are half full, if even that.

Oh my gosh the sky is falling.

Cal can't coach

One and dones don't care

Disappeariuos miller should have take the clutch shot (you have to be kidding)

can't win on the road

Harrleson is inconsistent

Geez you guys are killing me.

Fwiw, one of the most sensible post was by Jim Shue and he hates UK.

Appreciate your noticing. See, I do provide some straight analysis mixed in with all the antagonism and pot-stirring. :D