Alabama 68 Kentucky 66

SportsGuy41017

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not the end of the world. I didn't mind Jones this game but I really disliked his play recently. Seemed so selfish to me, he either puts his head down and drives and hit about half those or jacks up a three which very rarely goes in. I bet he doesn't pass it more than 5 times a game haha. Oh well, maybe UK's luck will turn around when it matters. Hopefully they won't lose every close game they are in and hopefully they are learning from this. The best lineup might very well be: knight lamb liggins miller jones. That's who put that run together tonight. Harrelson would be a solid bench player that could give 20 minutes a night. And this would eliminate the need to play Vargas at all. Only played him to give Harrelson a breather which usually lasted out 2.1 seconds.

-Bad loss to a bad team.

-Got abused and intimidated in the post.

-Floundered the last 4 possessions they had to go for the win.

-Cal had an off night and I dont think he is that good of an x and o coach.

-Why he didn't order them to foul when Bama had ball with 3 second difference in shot clock and game clock was baffling.

-They will struggle against teams with good front lines....got abused particularly the first 30 minutes of the game.

-This team will go as Knight goes and he didn't play well tonight.

-Praise for not folding but should have never been in that spot, at least not by 20 points.

-I still think this is a Sweet 16 team at best and needs a busted bracket to advance.

Can Bama follow up big win, and play like that against other teams ? I say no! Teams get up for Cats and fall on their face in other games.

Bama's next game is @ Auburn and then at home vs. LSU and MSU.

Bama is now 10-0 at home....but 1-7 on the road (That 1 road win was @ MSU)

Didn't catch the game tonight but from what twitter has told me about Calipari saying what he said to T. Jones, I personally am not that worried about it because it needed to be said. I've been saying for a while he doesn't pass nearly enough as he should. When you shoot 3-17 one night, hopefully you learn to pass a bit the next. I'm guessing T. Jones just didn't care how many shots he's been missing.

Like another poster stated above and I'll go a little more than the shooting.UK id shoot only 37% to thir 44,45 I believe. Bama shot a better free throw %, better 3pt % and and were better from the FT line as well. Besides those numbers Bama also out rebounded UK and imo out hustled as well........ Other than that we played pretty good.:irked:

I posted after the last game saying how glad I was that this UK team came out and punched eams in the mouth and kept them down.Tonight they came out flat, really looked like they didn't want to play and woke up late sfter down by 20 to almost, should have won.

I know that I am repeating others on here but the story will be the same untill this team/coaching staff finds some answers to our lack of, total abcense of inside defense. The two kids that Bama had inside weren't bad but by no means were they real good and they just dominated.

Another conference game coming up Saturday at South Carokina. With our road record who knows? :idunno: Hopefully the Cats will get some things straightened out an get a road win in conference.

GO BIG BLUE!!!

I give the ball to Miller or Knight with 10 seconds to play and spread it out and let em get to the rack. Can't tolerate not getting an attempt with the last possession. Unacceptable imo. Love Cal kicking Vargas out of the game, classic. We all knew this team's achilles heal would be the post. No surprises here. Go Big Blue!! Would love to see rematches with UGA and Bama in March. 8 in 12.

-Bad loss to a bad team.

-Got abused and intimidated in the post.

-Floundered the last 4 possessions they had to go for the win.-Cal had an off night and I dont think he is that good of an x and o coach. -

Why he didn't order them to foul when Bama had ball with 3 second difference in shot clock and game clock was baffling.

-They will struggle against teams with good front lines....got abused particularly the first 30 minutes of the game.

-This team will go as Knight goes and he didn't play well tonight.

-Praise for not folding but should have never been in that spot, at least not by 20 points.-I still think this is a Sweet 16 team at best and needs a busted bracket to advance.

I basically agree with all that you said, especially the bolded.

As for not ordering to foul late, I may have but I know there are coaches that don't do this......

I also have watched Cal blow some other games when at Memphis, a National Championship was imo one of them.......

Knight will have to play well no doubt but Jones is going to have to decide to play like he can. I hope that he just not "playing when he wants to" bc knows he is here just to bide time to go to the NBA.

After saying all this I still believe that this team will be o.k., We have to remember how young they are. I am not quitting on or giving up on this UK team or Cal.

Edited by oldrambler

Again, I missed the game, but from what I've read Vargas really sucked it up. Can we pick up Victoria Dunlap? Bring back Jared Carter? He's been terrible all year. One sweet tip dunk all year but we can credit that to his height.

:lol: IMO the UK Lady Cats play more physical than the Cats played tonight.