Alabama 68 Kentucky 66

SportsGuy41017

This UK team is a good team, and they have no superstars, and the ones that are really good are young. They seem to be a very quiet group, and they are flawed.

They will get to their 25 wins and compete for the SEC title and have a chance to make it to the second weekend of the tournament.

Enjoying the ride.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This UK team is a good team, and they have no superstars, and the ones that are really good are young. They seem to be a very quiet group, and they are flawed.

They will get to their 25 wins and compete for the SEC title and have a chance to make it to the second weekend of the tournament.

Enjoying the ride.

:thumb:

-Bad loss to a bad team.

-Got abused and intimidated in the post.

-Floundered the last 4 possessions they had to go for the win.

-Cal had an off night and I dont think he is that good of an x and o coach.

-Why he didn't order them to foul when Bama had ball with 3 second difference in shot clock and game clock was baffling.

-They will struggle against teams with good front lines....got abused particularly the first 30 minutes of the game.

-This team will go as Knight goes and he didn't play well tonight.

-Praise for not folding but should have never been in that spot, at least not by 20 points.

-I still think this is a Sweet 16 team at best and needs a busted bracket to advance.

Lot of good points. The only thing I would disagree with is your overall assessment with Calipari (as much as I hate to admit it). He just had an off night. Still would take him 100 times out of 100 over Pitino in that situation, or any other. I think they could get to the Elite 8 with the right draw.

Ultimately, what Wildcat fans should be most concerned about is the fact that a crummy 'Bama team was trying every which way it could to gag this one away, but UK relaxed its chokehold just enough to blow it. How many more times will they get gifts like that?

Didn't catch the game tonight but from what twitter has told me about Calipari saying what he said to T. Jones, I personally am not that worried about it because it needed to be said. I've been saying for a while he doesn't pass nearly enough as he should. When you shoot 3-17 one night, hopefully you learn to pass a bit the next. I'm guessing T. Jones just didn't care how many shots he's been missing.

You could read Cal's lips. He called him a selfish M. Not sure who is ready for the NBA or not, but I still believe Jones, Knight, and maybe Lamb are going to jump to the NBA

Kentucky needs to schedule less neutral court games in December and play more true road games to get their young teams ready for rowdy SEC road games.

You don't have to win road games once the SEC tournament starts. Nuetral court big opponent games are great for preparing a team for the tournament and even better for recruiting. This isn't football. Losses suck but they surely don't matter.

Kentucky needs to schedule less neutral court games in December and play more true road games to get their young teams ready for rowdy SEC road games.

While I have a tendency to want to agree with you, they have already been to Louisville and North Carolina this season. How many more road games would make the difference?

Bama is not very good. Every team loses on the road though. If they can pull out a few they will be okay. SEC tournament is usually like a home game for UK, that should help. I don't see them getting very far in March though, when the crowd is either indifferent or against them.

If UK played with half the effort the entire game that they did the first 12 minutes, they win this game going away. You can't play disheartened basketball for 3/4 of a game and expect to win, though -- Especially when you dig yourself a 20 point hole.

Congrats to Bama fans. I thought your team was going to break down at the end once UK finally got within 1, but they kept fighting and scored a huge W.