Is the new "Euro Step" or "Step Through move" a walk?

It's just like a jump stop with a step thru, if you do it right it's not a walk....but will have to say I think Wade did walk once in all those shots. :) Hard to stop that move if you do it right!

I thought he did in the one they showed before they started talking to him.

You really can't count the first step as a step because as you are picking up the dribble you are making that first step, so it really only counts as a half, and then you get one more step and a shot to be legal. If you pick up the ball, then take the first step then the second, it's a walk everytime....because you NEVER GET TWO STEPS, only 1 1/2... contrary to popular belief!!!!

Just something else to confuse a bunch of already confused high school referees. Most, and I say most in the 9th region have enough trouble calling charges/blocks, travels, no that was a jumpstop and now the "Euro" step through!! No wonder refereeing is so much harder than it looks like from the stands. ...and no Sandman I don't include you in the "most".

Just something else to confuse a bunch of already confused high school referees. Most, and I say most in the 9th region have enough trouble calling charges/blocks, travels, no that was a jumpstop and now the "Euro" step through!! No wonder refereeing is so much harder than it looks like from the stands. ...and no Sandman I don't include you in the "most".

As an official let me tell you that this is not difficult to call. If you understand the tenets of the travel rule it's pretty simple.

As an official let me tell you that this is not difficult to call. If you understand the tenets of the travel rule it's pretty simple.

So, I guess the real question is this: Has the definition of the traveling rule changed? Because that stuff was a walk in high school and college a decade ago. Ergo, my prior comments about the NBA fouling up the game.

So, I guess the real question is this: Has the definition of the traveling rule changed? Because that stuff was a walk in high school and college a decade ago. Ergo, my prior comments about the NBA fouling up the game.

The travel rule is simple. You can't lift your pivot foot and return it to the ground before releasing the ball. It's been that way forever.

Could the same be said for the so called "HOP STEP"? Basically, the ball is picked up, then the hop takes place/pivot foot is picked up, and the ball isn't released...doesn't that constitute a walk? I think this is another definition of the traveling rule changing over the last 30 years!