Trinity 45 Boone Co 0

rockmom

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone threw their first play from scrimmage and maybe mixed in 5 or 6 more (including a HB pass that was picked). Down 24-0 Boone opens the 2nd half with a 7 minute drive and comes up empty and basically it was game over.

Boone had some very good players but their one dimension game plan cost them big. As many predicted once Trinity got up on them they had little or no chance at a comeback. At the same time Trinity's passing game was very sharp and took Boone's defense apart.

Trinity came out of the gate smoking. Apparently after beating Ballard, Boone's coach made comments that may have implied that Louisville schools don't play physical football. The Rocks took it personally and took it to Boone.

Great game, great atmosphere and two very good teams that left it all on the field.

Great job by the Rebels...they are the class of NKY no doubt..they have a game plan and stick to it.

Now, Trinity exploited the exact weakness that I said. Too many times Boone would roll their Cover-2 safeties up and it left the deep middle third wide open. However, we dropped two beautiful balls in a row.

A great tribute to the Boone Co. fans, great turnout and support. Coming from and playing Football in Northern Ky. ( too long to remember) I was happy to see the support that the Boone Co. Team recieved. But as far as the game went, Trinity open a major CAN of you know what !!!! on this run team. What in gods name was the Boone Co. coach thinking kicking a sleeping dog by saying that " LOUISVILLE TEAMS ARE NOT PHYSICAL" , please tell me that was a mis-quote??. Because from where I was sitting it looked the other way around!!.TBoone Co. , good luck next year

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Hard

Trinity Def. spots 13 real fast points on (2) turnovers and they stop F.C. twice on 4th and short? I`m not worried about the run, look what they did to SK last week !!!. The ROCKS Speciality team, run and pass Def. and the Off. will be way to much for Boone County. Get ready for some hard hitting, great passes and catches!!! ROCKS roll in this one!!!

ROCKS - 48

Boone County - 10

Don't count on it

It appeared that after this post I learned that your Coach gave the Def. Coaching Staff & the Head Coach some reasons to get their team fired up over some comments made to the effect that Louisville Teams don`t play physical Football. Well was the:

ROCKS - 45

Boone Co. - 0

PHYSICAL ENOUGH!!!!!

Boone will be around for a while. Cory Farris is just a sophomore, so he's got 2 more years to throw up some big numbers like he did late in the year. But Boone was clearly overmatched tonight

Well this Trinity fan can`t wait to play your team again next year. With Farris being a year older and more time under his belt it would be a good matchup to Trinitys starting Jrs that are on Trinitys off. and def. squads from this years team. :dancingpa