Trinity 45 Boone Co 0

rockmom

Not 45 points better? When will you guys stop? The Rocks could have hung 75 on Boone. Boone didn't come close to scoring. Boone's defense was so confused with Trinity's passing attack often times they had four guys covering two and leaving the other side of the field uncovered. Newsflash, #41 isn't even the starter at RB. #32, the Rocks leading rusher, sat out with a knee. "found a way to stall the drives", :lol: yeah like tossing up int.s and getting stuffed behind the LOS. Boone was out played at every phase of the game, period.

I only had a chance to listen to the last part of the second quarter and some of the third quarter, but that is enough for me to point out that Boone did have a nice drive going in the third quarter when they ate up about 6 or 7 minutes of the clock and drove the ball from their 20 to the Trinity 22, at which point they were stopped on fourth down because of a Farris fumble. So, while Boone did have have trouble with turnovers on offense, they weren't completely inept like you want everyone to believe.

That said, and before LSURock jumps all over me for hanging my hat on that one drive, I want to say Trinity won this game in convincing fashion. And a quick look at the stats shows that Trinity definitely took advantage of the opportunities that Boone gave them via turnover. When a team outgains the other by only 83 yards (282 to 199), you normally wouldn't expect a 45-0 score. Boone lost the turnover game 3-0, and you can't do against a good team like Trinity. Without the turnovers, it would have been a closer game, but I don't believe the outcome would have been different.

One thing I was hoping for, but it didn't happen, was the chance for the Trinity kicker to free kick for a field goal right before halftime. The radio announcers were talking about Boone possibly having to punt before the half ended and Trinity would likely get the ball around midfield with a few seconds left. Unfortunately, by the time the officials got the ball set on fourth down, Boone didn't have to run a play, so it didn't happen.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone's coach did not say this. He mentioned that they wanted to be very physical with Ballard. Not that Louisville teams are not physical. I spoke with him this morning and he was trying to figure out where this all came from. Thompson has been around long enough to know that comments like this are not said by coaches.

Here's a quote from Thompson:

"We felt like we had the size advantage up front and had to be physical," Thompson said. "We didn't think they had seen that style of play. We know Fern Creek doesn't play that style and neither does Trinity."

It was in your paper and ours...

:sssh:

Didn't come close to scoring? What game were you watching. The ball was moved down the field several times. But I think you missed my point, you were only supposed to read the first part of the post.

Let me see, yes I was watching the 45-0 romp at Marshall Stadium. I don't think Boone ever entered the red zone. I stated in a pre-game thread that Boone may run the ball between the 20s but the they would have difficulty scoring, sounds a lot like a game I watched Friday night. It also sounds a lot like a game I watched a couple of years ago, one which Boone lost by about the same margin although they did manage a FG. I was roundly chastised by the NKY faithful that this year would be different, Really?

"We felt like we had the size advantage up front and had to be physical," Thompson said. "We didn't think they had seen that style of play. We know Fern Creek doesn't play that style and neither does Trinity."

He is right. Trinity doesn't play that style of football. Nowhere did he say that they aren't physical, but they don't line up and run it right at you every play.

Let me see, yes I was watching the 45-0 romp at Marshall Stadium. I don't think Boone ever entered the red zone. I stated in a pre-game thread that Boone may run the ball between the 20s but the they would have difficulty scoring, sounds a lot like a game I watched Friday night. It also sounds a lot like a game I watched a couple of years ago, one which Boone lost by about the same margin although they did manage a FG. I was roundly chastised by the NKY faithful that this year would be different, Really?

Trinity outgains Boone by about 80 yards. Turnovers were the reason that the margain was so big. If you want to go back and look at the prediction thread, I said Boone would need their A+ game or else it would be a very long night. Sounds a lot like the game I watched Friday.

Trinity outgains Boone by about 80 yards. Turnovers were the reason that the margain was so big. If you want to go back and look at the prediction thread, I said Boone would need their A+ game or else it would be a very long night. Sounds a lot like the game I watched Friday.

You need to give it up. Your eam got spanked plain and simple. How many of those yards were gained once the game was over? Against the second and third team. Heck, one of the best tackles I saw was in the fourth quarter by a FRESHMAN linebacker.

The reason Trinity only outgained Boone by 80 yards is simple, Trinity's defense gave the O a short field ALL NIGHT LONG. Boone is a great program with a class act coaching staff, however, Friday night was NO contest at all.

You need to give it up. Your eam got spanked plain and simple. How many of those yards were gained once the game was over? Against the second and third team. Heck, one of the best tackles I saw was in the fourth quarter by a FRESHMAN linebacker.

My 'eam' didn't get anything. Where have I not said Trinity was the better team? I have given them all the credit in the world and even said they would win 10 out of 10 times. Boone didn't move the ball hardly at all late in the game so it wasn't against the second and third team. You want to talk about youth now? 37 sophomores...

You need to take a class in class (no pun intended)

The reason Trinity only outgained Boone by 80 yards is simple, Trinity's defense gave the O a short field ALL NIGHT LONG. Boone is a great program with a class act coaching staff, however, Friday night was NO contest at all.

I can agree with that for the most part. Trinity didn't work with a short field ALL night, but a lot of it.

As you see in the quote, Thompson didn't say Louisville wasn't physical. Most Louisville teams throw and run more plays around the ends. Boone this year has run more up the middle. This is the physical style of play that was intended. Reading into what was said can always produce what you want it to sound like.

not for nothing folks...

But I would like to bring up some other posts about this game:

fatcats had the closest, I guess.

I was wrong; I'll be the first to admit it.

Even you said you thought Boone would keep it close for a half or so.

I was surprised the margin was so big so early.

Last year I told some that there was no way Dixie would beat Trinity; I am just going to shut up when NKY plays Trinity from now on.

And you need to take a little ride on the reality train. :lol:

If this is what it takes to make you feel better, then so be it. I'm just glad the majority of the posters are like Tony Danza, Rock Mom, and RockPride on here instead of like you. Those who know how to win with class are the true winners in life.

I was wrong; I'll be the first to admit it.

Even you said you thought Boone would keep it close for a half or so.

I was surprised the margin was so big so early.

Last year I told some that there was no way Dixie would beat Trinity; I am just going to shut up when NKY plays Trinity from now on.

I really did think that it would be close for awhile...I was shocked.