Trinity 45 Boone Co 0

rockmom

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting all evening for the new multi-faceted Boone offense to show up. I hope the Boone (and NKY in general) faithful understand that one dimensional football doesn't win championships at the 4A level anymore. Overall, I'll stick by my comment that Fern Creek would have won this district with ease. Boone really needs to get some of the weight off some of those kids and into a weight room. Trinity has struggled a good bit on LOS all year, yet they whipped Boone on both lines all night. I really think Simon Kenton had better athletes, didn't they beat Boone earlier this year?

I was waiting all evening for the new multi-faceted Boone offense to show up. I hope the Boone (and NKY in general) faithful understand that one dimensional football doesn't win championships at the 4A level anymore.

Its just Boone that is one-dimensional. Its not NKY.

I was talking about the NKY 4A, I'm really not that interested in the other classes. But one would have to admit that NKY 4A in pretty one- dimensional.

You would be incorrect regarding NKY 4A being one-dimensional(or as RP called it - sticking to their gameplan). Its just Boone.

You would be incorrect regarding NKY 4A being one-dimensional. Its just Boone.

Prove it. I've seen the teams that come out of that district year in and year out and they pretty much rely on the run and basically can't defend the pass. A couple of years ago DH had a QB named O'Toole and he threw the ball pretty well but they still ran far more than they passed and got picked apart in the secondary down here in the playoffs. I saw no evidence of a passing game at SK this year. Ryle was a running team this season, and KJ passed very well in a comeback victory over them. Show me some numbers to support your claim.

Prove it. I've seen the teams that come out of that district year in and year out and they pretty much rely on the run and basically can't defend the pass. A couple of years ago DH had a QB named O'Toole and he threw the ball pretty well but they still ran far more than they passed and got picked apart in the secondary down here in the playoffs. I saw no evidence of a passing game at SK this year. Ryle was a running team this season, and KJ passed very well in a comeback victory over them. Show me some numbers to support your claim.

How many passing yards do you have to have before you're a considered a "passing team"? Preston threw for over 2000 yards last year. I'm not sure about Bricking's numbers this year but I would guess he was in the 1000-1500 yards area even though he didn't start the first two games.

There is a difference between being a "running team" and one-dimensional. Boone is one-dimensional. The others like to run but also throw the ball. See Shooter's post about Dixie. Conner had big numbers up the air with Trevor Stellman the previous two years. Holmes likes to throw it with Jefferson. SK, despite what you saw in ONE game, likes to mix it up.

Your sampling of teams and games is too small to make a sweeping judgment on NKY 4A football being one-dimensional.

Dixie and Conner are no way "one-dimensional". Look at the last couple of seasons. Dixie and Conner both had about 2,000 yds. a piece in both seasons on passing. Then they both had close to, if not 1,000 yds. rushing. Doesn't look one-dimensional to me. Looks pretty balanced. This season, I'm sure Dixie had close to 1500 yds. passing. Conner had around 1200 yds. passsing. Conner also had about 1,000 yds. rushing. Can't speak for Dixie. These stats would make this poster believe that both teams are pretty well balanced.

How many passing yards do you have to have before you're a considered a "passing team"? Preston threw for over 2000 yards last year. I'm not sure about Bricking's numbers this year but I would guess he was in the 1000-1500 yards area even though he didn't start the first two games.

These are "onofficial" for Dixie but pretty close. How much more balanced would you want us to get.

................................Rush.....Pass......Total...YP/G

Team Season Totals:....1618....1721......3339....278.3

Ryle was 2:1 Runn/pass this season but is usually closer to 1:1, the lack of a throwing QB forced that upon them this season, yet they do have a QB coming back next year and I suspect they will be closer to normal. They had 2000 Rush, 1000 Pass.

SK is a running team similar to BC I'll give you that. 2180+Run, 1000+ pass.

Holmes is pretty balanced too, 1400+ yards rushing, 1100+ passing.

Scott is 1300 Rush, 1500+ pass.

Campbell County is another run team 1880+ Run, 900 Pass.

Conner is a 1:1 ratio like Dixie. 1100+ rush, 1100+ pass.

Boone County has 3000+ Rush, 600+ pass.

So we have 4 run oriented teams, and 4 teams who run and pass evenly. We see it all up here. Break down your district LSURock and get back to me. I think we will do just fine in the long run.

not for nothing folks...

But I would like to bring up some other posts about this game:

I think Trinity and its fans are in for a rude awakening if they think this one is going to be a blow out.

If you think the ROCKS will roll big, be ready for a rude awakening.

Your love of Trinity is clouding your judgement; I have said all along I thought Trinity would win; I just don's see a 4 TD game like some of you Rock loyals are proclaiming.

It will be closer than expected by most of you.

Trinty wins big 48 to 3 in a la

fatcats had the closest, I guess.

You really like to show your lack of knowledge on NKY 4A football. That year, O'Toole became the first QB in NKY to throw for over 2000 yards and rush for over a 1000 yards. Their rushing game was him. That team used the pass to setup the run. Just like every Dixie team has for the past 8 or so years. I don't think that team necessarily got picked apart. A few bad breaks really hurt that team (not saying they would've won, just a closer score). Besides, Brohm picked everyone apart that year.