The Highlands-Boyle County 2011 Season Opener is Looking Great...!

jbwill2

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:banana:Hot fun in the Summer time.:banana:

What a way to kick off the season. Starting to plan a tailgate already.

Already been talked about. The last one had a pretty big turn out. We've not really had another tailgate party since our last one in 2003.

Henry for a parking place for the 2012 game, I can make sure your first in line for the food. :D

I asked a question and wondered if Birdsfan or JB could answer for my own edification. How many Division 1 scholarship recepients have come out of the HHS program since 1999?

I mentioned Boyle's and know Highlands more than likely has had more but was curious how many more.

FWIW, I think Boyle's list is:

Bobby Leffew - UL

Travis Leffew - UL

Taylor Begley - UK

Jacob Tamme - UK

Brodie Overstreet - Wake Forest

David Jennings - TCU

Jordan Aumiller - UK

Lamar Dawson - We Have Yet to see (UK, UL, Oregon, USC, TN, Mich ?)

Don't know if it's already been mentioned or not because I didn't read past your post yet, but here is a list of HHS athletes to go D1 since 99:

Mike Mitchell- Ohio U (Current Oakland Raider)

Gino Guidugli- Cincinnati (Had tryouts with Giants, Packers, and Titans out of college)

Ben Guidugli- Cincinnati (Currently predicted to be drafted in this years' NFL draft)

Austin Collinsworth- Notre Dame

Jordan Nevels- UK

Jared Lorenzen - UK

Derek Smith - UK

Sean Sester- Purdue

Brent Grover- Purdue

Rob Smith - Tennessee

Brett Hamblin- UK or UC??

Tyler Grubbs- Miami (OH)

I believe Highlands has had some walks ons at D1 programs over the years as well.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned or not because I didn't read past your post yet, but here is a list of HHS athletes to go D1 since 99:

Gino Guidugli- Cincinnati (Had tryouts with Giants, Packers, and Titans out of college)

Ben Guidugli- Cincinnati (Currently predicted to be drafted in this years' NFL draft)

Jordan Nevels- UK

Jared Lorenzen - UK

Derek Smith - UK

Sean Sester- Purdue

Brent Grover- Purdue

Rob Smith - Tennessee

Tyler Grubbs- Miami (OH)

I believe Highlands has had some walks ons at D1 programs over the years as well.

I believe Adam (Lumpy) Dempsey is a walk on at UC..

Your right, one team has a 3 to 1 lead in State Championships during the 6 years both teams have been in the same class together. :rolleyes:

It's real nice knowing your memory has not faded over the years , good for you ! If you keep harping on what you have done , the future might sneak up on you before you know it . In case you didn't know , you don't get a trophy for winning streaks ! :lol:

With all due respect (and I mean that), when it comes to the Birds ,your facing a totally different animal than your used to playing. How many teams in Boyle County's recent past have a two platoon system ? Highlands has zero players both ways .

As for the million game winning streak , congratulations .The Birds had their winning streak ended this year but their working on another one .

The goal for any highschool team is the state trophy , streaks end at one time or another ,then they start over again !

Good luck on your 2011 season (and I mean that also ) , just be careful what you wish for ! :D

It's real nice knowing your memory has not faded over the years , good for you ! If you keep harping on what you have done , the future might sneak up on you before you know it . In case you didn't know , you don't get a trophy for winning streaks ! :lol:

With all due respect (and I mean that), when it comes to the Birds ,your facing a totally different animal than your used to playing. How many teams in Boyle County's recent past have a two platoon system ? Highlands has zero players both ways .

As for the million game winning streak , congratulations .The Birds had their winning streak ended this year but their working on another one .

The goal for any highschool team is the state trophy , streaks end at one time or another ,then they start over again !

Good luck on your 2011 season (and I mean that also ) , just be careful what you wish for ! :D

To be the best you have to beat the best......right? Looks like we'll get at least 4 years to try.

Already been talked about. The last one had a pretty big turn out. We've not really had another tailgate party since our last one in 2003.

Henry for a parking place for the 2012 game, I can make sure your first in line for the food. :D

Best advice is to get there early. I will certainly be able to point you in the right direction.:thumb:

To be the best you have to beat the best......right? Looks like we'll get at least 4 years to try.

Definitely will be a fun 4 years. Hopefully both schools will want to continue for a long time. Both places are fantastic stadiums to watch games.

So, the fact that no one was able to remember enough names for you to feel satisfied, somehow makes them evasive? Your question was answered as well as could be reasonably expected.

You are right on one thing...the gap is not "large."

It's huge! :cool:

Your reading comprehension is pretty low.

I asked a direct question for which no one (save Walter below) seemed willing to compile a list. It was a simple request and got responses about players that were not in the time frame specified and others that did not receive scholarships and still others that were not at Division 1 schools.

Your addition must have been a problem as well in school. The list Walter provided (minus the 2 even he lists that are not from the '99 season to today) shows 10 versus the 8 I listed. How that gap is huge is seen only through your Stevie Wonder eyes. :thumb::sssh:

Jordan Nevels- UK

Jared Lorenzen - UK

Derek Smith - UK

Sean Sester- Purdue

Brent Grover- Purdue

Rob Smith - Tennessee

Tyler Grubbs- Miami (OH)

I knew I could count on you to come through. :thumb:

Only complaint I've got on your list is that Lorenzen and Derek Smith aren't in the time frame I mentioned ('99 season to today) but I thank you for taking the time to pretty much help me with my point. The gap is not as huge as some make it.

BTW, I didn't include "walk ons" because the Rebel program has more than a few of those as well and they are tougher to research. :thumb:

(Just saw where Jordan Nevels is at Nichols State and not UK.)

Edited by Hatz
New Data

Didn't I see your picture in the dictionary under the term fan arrogance? :lol:

NO ONE has belittled or in any way attempted to bring criticism to the HHS program from the Boyle fan base on here.

Yet that seems what yourself and a few others from Birdland are intent on doing to Boyle.

I again say: "Let the facts speak for themselves." I think what Highlands has right now is special, no doubt. But your sharp retorts when others have something to be proud of sounds like issues that are deeper than a message board.

Didn't I see your picture in the dictionary under the term fan arrogance? :lol:

NO ONE has belittled or in any way attempted to bring criticism to the HHS program from the Boyle fan base on here.

Yet that seems what yourself and a few others from Birdland are intent on doing to Boyle.

I again say: "Let the facts speak for themselves." I think what Highlands has right now is special, no doubt. But your sharp retorts when others have something to be proud of sounds like issues that are deeper than a message board.

Where in my post did I belittle Boyle County ?

What part of congratulations ,with all do respect , and good luck , is bothering you. Reread my post slowly , take a deep breath and relax , and don't circle the wagons yet , for there is no reason to. I also see where Purple Pride read my post , he didn't take offence to it ,why should you ! Again nobody is taking shots at you or your program !!!! :rolleyes: