The Highlands-Boyle County 2011 Season Opener is Looking Great...!

jbwill2

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken he took a Licoln Co. team up to Highlands around 2006 or so and was man handled by Highlands.
The Big difference though is, this is Boyle Co. and not Lincoln, at this point Coach French has Boyle Co. far and away above where Lincoln was at the time.

I believe this game can only enhance our program even if some posters are correct and we get blown out by 2 tds or more. We will learn what we need to do to keep our program moving up in the right direction. Win or lose we learn and I like that. Glad this game is happening.

I look forward to coming to Highlands in 2012. I have never been.

Great way to look at it. I'm of the belief that the loss to Boyle in the 03 championship game caused some very positive changes to the Highlands football program. I know there are some that believe nothing good can come from a loss. I'm not in that camp.

Your reading comprehension is pretty low.

I asked a direct question for which no one (save Walter below) seemed willing to compile a list. It was a simple request and got responses about players that were not in the time frame specified and others that did not receive scholarships and still others that were not at Division 1 schools.

Your addition must have been a problem as well in school. The list Walter provided (minus the 2 even he lists that are not from the '99 season to today) shows 10 versus the 8 I listed. How that gap is huge is seen only through your Stevie Wonder eyes. :thumb::sssh:

Wow! Being confused as you were made you very angry. There's a difference in not getting answers and just not liking the answers you get. :rolleyes: And yes, that gap is huge....enormous actually.

Wow! Being confused as you were made you very angry. There's a difference in not getting answers and just not liking the answers you get. :rolleyes: And yes, that gap is huge....enormous actually.

Then make your case. I have attempted to do so by placing information, side by side for contrast and comparsion.

Where is your case?

The lists provided by most in pieces on here (save Walter) were not apples to apples. I asked from '99 to present. Some gave players just before the time (Lorenzen) and others players from WAY before the time (Moore). Some brought up NFL data (which BTW you will find that Tamme and Leffew spent or are spending time in the NFL) which was not the question. Some even offered names of people who DID NOT receive a scholarship to a Division 1 NCAA school.

You were the one who grew personal with statements like "Don't like the answer you get." Other than Walter I've received no real presentation from you or many others.

Again, if my temper seems short, it's probably because most of what I'm getting from some is "gap is huge" or diatribe with no data to compare and confirm. If you look at the "gap" as you state it, then tell me where it is HUGE? Walter's list contains 9 that met the criteria I asked for. My list from Boyle contains 8. Where is the huge gap?

I presented a study on when we shared the same classification and the story was three titles to one. Where is the gap huge?

If it's any title we've each won since '99 then the story is 7 to 7. Again, where is the gap huge?

On a personal level I think the HHS program is perhaps second only to Trinity in the same time frame and historically. I do not pretend that Boyle's program is greater than HHS but merely have contended that the gap is not what some have spoken which such hyperbole. Make your case please so we can examine it. That's all I ask.

Great way to look at it. I'm of the belief that the loss to Boyle in the 03 championship game caused some very positive changes to the Highlands football program. I know there are some that believe nothing good can come from a loss. I'm not in that camp.

I am not either. I think a great deal can be learned from a loss and how you apply those lessons dictate your future. I came into this thread knowing Highlands is a better program than ours and I have the utmost respect for Highlands and how you guys continually churn out great teams year after year. I'll admit I can get a little emotional and even irrational at times when having to defend my Rebels(not used to being a 2 td underdog and being told that over and over) but conversation such as this is what I was hoping for. Thank you.

He's implying that he doesn't understand the BGP rule against attacking other posters.

Thanks for answering , but still waiting for Hatz to answere . I notice he took a shot at you . Some people take this message board too serious. Doesn't people know that people post things to yank their chains. Some are way too sensitive !

Boyle County and Highlands are two class programs , I'm glad their playing each other again !

Looks like this thread got back on track ! :thumb:

Then make your case. I have attempted to do so by placing information, side by side for contrast and comparsion.

Where is your case?

The lists provided by most in pieces on here (save Walter) were not apples to apples. I asked from '99 to present. Some gave players just before the time (Lorenzen) and others players from WAY before the time (Moore). Some brought up NFL data (which BTW you will find that Tamme and Leffew spent or are spending time in the NFL) which was not the question. Some even offered names of people who DID NOT receive a scholarship to a Division 1 NCAA school.

You were the one who grew personal with statements like "Don't like the answer you get." Other than Walter I've received no real presentation from you or many others.

Again, if my temper seems short, it's probably because most of what I'm getting from some is "gap is huge" or diatribe with no data to compare and confirm. If you look at the "gap" as you state it, then tell me where it is HUGE? Walter's list contains 9 that met the criteria I asked for. My list from Boyle contains 8. Where is the huge gap?

I presented a study on when we shared the same classification and the story was three titles to one. Where is the gap huge?

If it's any title we've each won since '99 then the story is 7 to 7. Again, where is the gap huge?

On a personal level I think the HHS program is perhaps second only to Trinity in the same time frame and historically. I do not pretend that Boyle's program is greater than HHS but merely have contended that the gap is not what some have spoken which such hyperbole. Make your case please so we can examine it. That's all I ask.

What do you mean by "recieve a D1 scholarship to an NCAA school " ?

My definition of a D1 player is one that has a D1 OFFER , regardless if he accepts the offer or not . In my opinion he is a D1 player if he decides to play college ball other than D1 or decides not to play football at all . I solely base my D1 status on offers , heck , you could be a D1 player and ride the pine for four years and never see the field , but your still considered D1.

What's your definition of a D1 player ?

I believe this game can only enhance our program even if some posters are correct and we get blown out by 2 tds or more. We will learn what we need to do to keep our program moving up in the right direction. Win or lose we learn and I like that. Glad this game is happening.

I look forward to coming to Highlands in 2012. I have never been.

You're in for a real treat then. The stands are right on top of the visitor sideline which makes it very intimidating for opposing teams. Fans will be walking literally 5 feet behind your sideline throughout the game. You also have the "walk of champions" before you get in the stadium.

Get there early. Parking is horrible in Ft. Thomas and it's not uncommon for people to park as much as a mile away to attend a football game. Best option is to find a side street right near the stadium.

Really looking forward to this match up over the next two years both in the regular season and (hopefully) playoffs.

What do you mean by "recieve a D1 scholarship to an NCAA school " ?

My definition of a D1 player is one that has a D1 OFFER , regardless if he accepts the offer or not . In my opinion he is a D1 player if he decides to play college ball other than D1 or decides not to play football at all . I solely base my D1 status on offers , heck , you could be a D1 player and ride the pine for four years and never see the field , but your still considered D1.

What's your definition of a D1 player ?

My definition of a D1 player is one who receives a scholarship for a D1 team.

My definition of a D1 player is one who receives a scholarship for a D1 team.

Sorry my friend, I'll differ with you. A D1 player is any one that was offered a D1 scholarship in my opinion. In the Best NKY Reciever in the last 5 years thread or whatever it's called, the Sutton boy from CovCath has received a lot of votes for that honor. The kid got offers from Notre Dame and a lot of other major D1 schools. The kid was a stud. But he choose not to accept any of the offers because he simply didn't want to play college football. It's pretty much silly to say he was not a D1 player because of his decision. Same goes with Bardo and Roller of the 09 team. Both had D1 offers. Both choose not to accept them for perfectly understandable reasons. But they were D1 players; no doubt about it. In my opinion any one that was offered a D1 scholarship, received a D1 scholarship or makes a D1 player as a walkone is worthy of being called a D1 players.

You're in for a real treat then. The stands are right on top of the visitor sideline which makes it very intimidating for opposing teams. Fans will be walking literally 5 feet behind your sideline throughout the game. You also have the "walk of champions" before you get in the stadium.

Get there early. Parking is horrible in Ft. Thomas and it's not uncommon for people to park as much as a mile away to attend a football game. Best option is to find a side street right near the stadium.

Really looking forward to this match up over the next two years both in the regular season and (hopefully) playoffs.

I wouldn't call it horrible. I would call a fall stroll thru the Fort a "Pleasant" experience. Seriously, it's just a different experience than your typical Friday night game routine.