The Highlands-Boyle County 2011 Season Opener is Looking Great...!

jbwill2

Putting words in my mouth again Larry. I did not discount it, I said HHS does not have the single biggest advantage-population. That is a fact. We do not have a 3 county draw. I wish we did. Shoot, I wish we kept all the FT Thomas kids. We have a couple kids each year on the team paying tuition. Big difference which you seen to not want to acknowledge. That no way offsets the lack of population we face in 5A.

If you have had kids in your program from three counties and across the river in the last ten years how is that not a three county draw?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have had kids in your program from three counties and across the river in the last ten years how is that not a three county draw?

Can we get any and all kids from the area as can some of our competitors?

Simple question-do you think 1-2 kids per class offset a population disadvantage of maybe 50 per class?

Can we get any and all kids from the area as can some of our competitors?

Simple question-do you think 1-2 kids per class offset a population disadvantage of maybe 50 per class?

Depends on the kid. If you are talking about division one players, yes. You are talking about definite football players vs. 50 kids that may not have an athletic bone in their body.

Depends on the kid. If you are talking about division one players, yes. You are talking about definite football players vs. 50 kids that may not have an athletic bone in their body.

Then I think we can agree that by a great margin HHS has been at a disadvantage vs 5A since we've had no D1 tuition players during our run.

Name the D1 kids in the last 4yrs that are not from Ft. Thomas..

I am quite confident that Bruins sp will get a scholarship. Also for 75, you don't have to be paying tuition to be from out of town.

Actually, you have to pay one of the two tuition rates if you are not a district student. Fort Thomas does not offer scholarship help on tuition rates.

The point was they have ties to the city and school. You need a better example than the Bruns boys.

What better example is there than someone who starts as a freshman at one school, and transfers as a sophmore? I don't care if my mother is from Jamaica. If I have lived all my life in the U.S. and move to Jamaica when I am in high school I am not from Jamaica. Having ties like one of your parents having gone to a school does not make it a bad example.

What better example is there than someone who starts as a freshman at one school, and transfers as a sophmore? I don't care if my mother is from Jamaica. If I have lived all my life in the U.S. and move to Jamaica when I am in high school I am not from Jamaica. Having ties like one of your parents having gone to a school does not make it a bad example.

It's a very bad example. If I'm not mistaken he lived in Independence and went to Dixie his frosh year. So geographically he should of went to Simon Kenton. Do you think Kenton Co. schools have an unfair advantage having open enrollment. This all sounds like sour grapes and excuses coming from Union..HHS has played up 2 classes and ran the table with a smaller student population. Having a kid or 2 who pays tuiton is a joke of an argument on your part. Get over it, build your own dynasty and quit trying to throw the Birds under the bus!! What HHS has done over the years is very impressive... PERIOD!!