The Highlands-Boyle County 2011 Season Opener is Looking Great...!

jbwill2

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't I see your picture in the dictionary under the term fan arrogance? :lol:

NO ONE has belittled or in any way attempted to bring criticism to the HHS program from the Boyle fan base on here.

Yet that seems what yourself and a few others from Birdland are intent on doing to Boyle.

I again say: "Let the facts speak for themselves." I think what Highlands has right now is special, no doubt. But your sharp retorts when others have something to be proud of sounds like issues that are deeper than a message board.

As per the bolded , what are you implying ? :confused:

Like almost every thread on here that goes on beyond 5 pages, this one has turned silly. Come the actual game, this thread will be 50 pages long and will have discussed every thing from the actual game to which program's alumnus have played where in college to who has the best tailgates to should Danville still be called Titletown to who has the best feeder football program to is Danville really the geographical center of Kentucky to what program recruits more players (in the legal sense of course) to does Larry French's wife cook better meals than Dale Mueller's to senior dinners on Wednesdays to ................................................. who knows what. :D You just got to love the enthusiasm of both programs fans regardless of the outcome of the game that won't be played for another 8 months (as wacky as that enthusiasm may be when expressed on this site). :thumb:

Rebel , this might be considered arrogance , what do you think ? I think the "roll eyes " is the key . :D

Hoosier the rolled eyes was because of the quote from posterboy! Go back and read his reply #220. The difference between the two teams is not huge. We do not claim to be better, we do not claim to have the rich tradition of a Highlands program. We've played Highlands before and are not scared of them. The facts are for 6 years we where in the same class as the Bluebirds. We all have read these quotes in this thread, we are a different animal now, or be careful what you wish for or the future might sneak up on you before you know it . What's with such a chip on your shoulder?

I prefer to just let the facts do my talking for me. Fact is Boyle went toe to toe and won 3 State Titles, to Highlands 1, while in their class.

Hoosie this rolled eyes is just for you. Merry Christmas! :rolleyes: and a Happy New Year!:rolleyes:

Edited by Rebel

It's real nice knowing your memory has not faded over the years , good for you !

Thank you!

In case you didn't know , you don't get a trophy for winning streaks ! :lol:

Never said we did!

How many teams in Boyle County's recent past have a two platoon system ? Highlands has zero players both ways .

Congrats! :thumb:

Good luck on your 2011 season (and I mean that also ) , just be careful what you wish for ! :D

Same to you!

Where in my post did I belittle Boyle County ?

What part of congratulations ,with all do respect , and good luck , is bothering you. Reread my post slowly , take a deep breath and relax , and don't circle the wagons yet , for there is no reason to. I also see where Purple Pride read my post , he didn't take offence to it ,why should you ! Again nobody is taking shots at you or your program !!!! :rolleyes:

From your post which I responded to:

If you keep harping on what you have done , the future might sneak up on you before you know it

In case you didn't know , you don't get a trophy for winning streaks

As for the million game winning streak , congratulations

Definitely will be a fun 4 years. Hopefully both schools will want to continue for a long time. Both places are fantastic stadiums to watch games.

I believe this game can only enhance our program even if some posters are correct and we get blown out by 2 tds or more. We will learn what we need to do to keep our program moving up in the right direction. Win or lose we learn and I like that. Glad this game is happening.

I look forward to coming to Highlands in 2012. I have never been.

Has a Coach French team ever played against Coach Mueller? If so, how has he fared against Highlands?

Yes. When he was at Lincoln County he took the Patriots from a few losing seasons to winners again and went so far as the 5A semi-finals before falling to HHS in a lopsided Bird win.