The Highlands-Boyle County 2011 Season Opener is Looking Great...!

jbwill2

Sorry my friend, I'll differ with you. A D1 player is any one that was offered a D1 scholarship in my opinion. In the Best NKY Reciever in the last 5 years thread or whatever it's called, the Sutton boy from CovCath has received a lot of votes for that honor. The kid got offers from Notre Dame and a lot of other major D1 schools. The kid was a stud. But he choose not to accept any of the offers because he simply didn't want to play college football. It's pretty much silly to say he was not a D1 player because of his decision. Same goes with Bardo and Roller of the 09 team. Both had D1 offers. Both choose not to accept them for perfectly understandable reasons. But they were D1 players; no doubt about it. In my opinion any one that was offered a D1 scholarship, received a D1 scholarship or makes a D1 player as a walkone is worthy of being called a D1 players.

It's okay. I was asked my definition for the sake of this discussion and I gave it.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're in for a real treat then. The stands are right on top of the visitor sideline which makes it very intimidating for opposing teams. Fans will be walking literally 5 feet behind your sideline throughout the game. You also have the "walk of champions" before you get in the stadium.

Get there early. Parking is horrible in Ft. Thomas and it's not uncommon for people to park as much as a mile away to attend a football game. Best option is to find a side street right near the stadium.

Really looking forward to this match up over the next two years both in the regular season and (hopefully) playoffs.

And without a doubt, one of the best atmospheres in high school football. You can get big parking lots, big generic aluminum stands, and a track that forces you to view the game as far as the eye can see, anywhere just about, especially at a county school. Ad even some city schools. It's the up close and personal feel that people love and hate about DCM Stadium. Won't name a particular coach in the County of Boone, he seems to think it's unfair. LOL!!! Go Birds!!!!

I am not either. I think a great deal can be learned from a loss and how you apply those lessons dictate your future. I came into this thread knowing Highlands is a better program than ours and I have the utmost respect for Highlands and how you guys continually churn out great teams year after year. I'll admit I can get a little emotional and even irrational at times when having to defend my Rebels(not used to being a 2 td underdog and being told that over and over) but conversation such as this is what I was hoping for. Thank you.
:thumb:

Great way to look at it. I'm of the belief that the loss to Boyle in the 03 championship game caused some very positive changes to the Highlands football program. I know there are some that believe nothing good can come from a loss. I'm not in that camp.

Could you please expand as to what changes came out of that loss? I agree that it: "does not matter that you get knocked down, but how you get up" that determines character and whether you are a winner or not...

Originally Posted by Hatz

My definition of a D1 player is one who receives a scholarship for a D1 team.

Sorry my friend, I'll differ with you. A D1 player is any one that was offered a D1 scholarship

If you have received a sholarship have you not been offered a scholarship.

And without a doubt, one of the best atmospheres in high school football. You can get big parking lots, big generic aluminum stands, and a track that forces you to view the game as far as the eye can see, anywhere just about, especially at a county school. Ad even some city schools. It's the up close and personal feel that people love and hate about DCM Stadium. Won't name a particular coach in the County of Boone, he seems to think it's unfair. LOL!!! Go Birds!!!!

I agree. For those who have never been there before, the atmosphere at DCM is one of a kind.

The fans are right on top of the game and there isn't a bad seat in the house.

• 1 month later...

I just want to say this thread has been very entertaining. Being a BCHS graduate and living in NKY, I think it is funny how Highlands fans (a few of which I call freinds) get angry at the drop of a hat when you say a negative word regarding their program and the thought that a better team may exist. Football is not my love, but I do follow when I can, so I couldn't tell you who is going to win. I just hope for a good game on both sides. As for digs, I do like the UK#1fan dig on page 1, and there have been way too many digs to list them all. But Highlands fans, look in the mirror, both sides are equal when it comes to chest thumping. Very entertaining; I will stay tuned. I will be at this game cheering on the Rebels, and look forward to the post game banter for the next showdown.

Edited by Birdsfan
Rule 13

Originally Posted by Hatz

My definition of a D1 player is one who receives a scholarship for a D1 team.

Sorry my friend, I'll differ with you. A D1 player is any one that was offered a D1 scholarship

If you have received a sholarship have you not been offered a scholarship.

Yes, but everyone who is offered to play d1 doesn't accept the offer. A d1 player has to play d1 football. I say a d1 player has to at least dress for a d1 game.

Boyle County will be better than people think. That's all I have to say about that.

I have no trouble believing this. Knowing the quality of the Boyle County program and how outstanding their coaching staff is, I think it would be foolish for people to think the upcoming Highlands-Boyle County game will be anything but close and competitive. What a way to kick off a season!

Boyle County will be better than people think. That's all I have to say about that.

I know it's biased for me to say that I think that Boyle County will be a much better team than most people anticipate but I can't help but to believe it. If it's a lopsided game for either team I will be very suprised. I look forward to seeing most anticipated game of the season.

I have no trouble believing this. Knowing the quality of the Boyle County program and how outstanding their coaching staff is, I think it would be foolish for people to think the upcoming Highlands-Boyle County game will be anything but close and competitive. What a way to kick off a season!

Bingo! The folks talking about Highlands just rolling over Boyle might want to log on to Yappi, go back to the St X vs Highlands prediction thread and read some of the posts by the St. X fans. Any one that discounts coaches and kids from winning programs that possess dedication and committment is bound to have some humble pie served up.