Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 21 Johnson Central 14

Featured Replies

I thought the state banned cannons?

  • Replies 150
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was 1 play from being a 28 point game...No one is going to convince me otherwise!!!

 

...it was also one play from being tied. Or a Golden Eagle win, with a two point conversion.

 

You can look at it either way.

The Birds did what they had to do. Sheehan with a great play and Gold with a big third down conversion. Woulda, coulda, shoulda with JC. You weren't playing Woodford or Covington Catholic tonight.

The Birds did what they had to do. Sheehan with a great play and Gold with a big third down conversion. Woulda, coulda, shoulda with JC. You weren't playing Woodford or Covington Catholic tonight.

 

Come on guys JC played a great game. The fans and staff were great! Even helped us clean up the tailgateing mess. Hats off to both teams for hard faught battle.

Marty Reagan was one of the best players to come out of the mountains in the last 10+ years.

Although I have friends in the Bluebird faithful that I am happy for, my heart breaks for Johnson Central and my friends on that side. I know you thought this was the year you were going to beat Highlands, and frankly, I did too. The Eagles have nothing to hang their heads about, they went toe to toe with arguably the best team in the class and had a chance to win it at the end. You had an amazing team and a great season.

 

Congrats to Highlands for doing what you had to do to win, and that is what good teams do. You beat a good football team tonight. You continue to set the standard the rest of us strive to reach. Good luck the rest of the way. Hope you have plenty of gas and snacks for the trip to Harlan Co this week.

Just want to say, this is the first time in years that I have not been to a Highlands game on a Friday night and I must say that The Fort is just really different. Kinda wierd. Nobody around. The deer are going crazy tonight.:idunno:
When I saw you posting so soon after the game, I wondered about that.

 

Good thing Highlands won or you'd never have forgiven yourself. :eek:

...it was also one play from being tied. Or a Golden Eagle win, with a two point conversion.

 

You can look at it either way.

 

The better team won, that's how I look at it.

HUGE, especially when you factor the kids in that commute from Columbus, Indianapolis, and Philadelphia.:ylsuper:

 

It does help with CVG airport nearby. Makes the commute much shorter. :p

To all the Highlands fans on here, congratulations! Your team did exactly what it had to do to win. The key in the game was the most fundamental of things. TACKLING... The birds just didn't miss any tackles on JJ. They played disciplined ball and stayed at home on the ends. This game I think came down to fundamentals and even the highlands fans have to admit that bad clock/timeout management put JC in a bad position late. I thought the LBers for Highlands were the most fundamentally sound I've seen this year. They had enough quickness and tackling skills to play against JC's running game.

 

With that being said I also think that if you all go on to win the state title you need to name this "Towles Title" because his gutty performance really pulled out the big plays when Highlands needed it. This kid may not be the most accurate passer I've seen but he sure has a cannon and great size. Tell those recievers to KEEP RUNNING!!! I thought the recievers pulled up early on a couple plays that put the ball right where it should have been. He played his heart out and even being a fan of the losing team I appreciated being able to watch him play.

 

Good luck the rest of the way. I can't believe I'm going to actually type this but I consider it part of my eating crow payment.... 20n10. Yuck that tasted bad!!!!

You live and die with the one dimensional offense and it creates what you saw last night at the end of the game. Im not saying JC couldnt have been successfull at throwing and catching the ball but it just looked uncomfortable for them. The QB put one right there at the end to the kid in the endzone and he couldnt haul it in, that would have been huge for them.

 

Congrats to both teams for having excellent teams and playing with good sportsmanship. Birds better pack a lunch for their trip next week as Harlan is a little bit further drive than Paintsville. If the Defense keeps playing this way and the offense can be opportunistic like they were last night they should be able to 4 Peat.

Marty Reagan was one of the best players to come out of the mountains in the last 10+ years.

 

Does Harlan County have any Marty Reagan's this year?

To all the Highlands fans on here, congratulations! Your team did exactly what it had to do to win. The key in the game was the most fundamental of things. TACKLING... The birds just didn't miss any tackles on JJ. They played disciplined ball and stayed at home on the ends. This game I think came down to fundamentals and even the highlands fans have to admit that bad clock/timeout management put JC in a bad position late. I thought the LBers for Highlands were the most fundamentally sound I've seen this year. They had enough quickness and tackling skills to play against JC's running game.

 

With that being said I also think that if you all go on to win the state title you need to name this "Towles Title" because his gutty performance really pulled out the big plays when Highlands needed it. This kid may not be the most accurate passer I've seen but he sure has a cannon and great size. Tell those recievers to KEEP RUNNING!!! I thought the recievers pulled up early on a couple plays that put the ball right where it should have been. He played his heart out and even being a fan of the losing team I appreciated being able to watch him play.

 

Good luck the rest of the way. I can't believe I'm going to actually type this but I consider it part of my eating crow payment.... 20n10. Yuck that tasted bad!!!!

 

Nice Post ! Your team has the utmost respect of many folks in NKY. Tell the JC boys to keep working hard in the weight room and earn that shot at visiting the Fort next season.

To all the Highlands fans on here, congratulations! Your team did exactly what it had to do to win. The key in the game was the most fundamental of things. TACKLING... The birds just didn't miss any tackles on JJ. They played disciplined ball and stayed at home on the ends. This game I think came down to fundamentals and even the highlands fans have to admit that bad clock/timeout management put JC in a bad position late. I thought the LBers for Highlands were the most fundamentally sound I've seen this year. They had enough quickness and tackling skills to play against JC's running game.

 

With that being said I also think that if you all go on to win the state title you need to name this "Towles Title" because his gutty performance really pulled out the big plays when Highlands needed it. This kid may not be the most accurate passer I've seen but he sure has a cannon and great size. Tell those recievers to KEEP RUNNING!!! I thought the recievers pulled up early on a couple plays that put the ball right where it should have been. He played his heart out and even being a fan of the losing team I appreciated being able to watch him play.

 

Good luck the rest of the way. I can't believe I'm going to actually type this but I consider it part of my eating crow payment.... 20n10. Yuck that tasted bad!!!!

Very classy post. :thumb:

JC has a heck of a football team, it's a shame one of these two teams had to lose last night. Best of luck to all of you in the future!

Common theme here so far is no names mentioned on defense. These boys worked as a unit last night and it was a thing of beauty. The game plan worked to the T. Offense did what they had to do. Great job!!! Really, like TBIRDS said, could have been 28 -0. I say 28-7 because they had a really nice long, time consuming drive. There lies the problem for JC. Can't win too many coming from behind with long, time consuming drives. Just look and final drive.

 

Congrats JC players on a great season. You can tell these boys are talented.

 

Go Birds!!! 20n10!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.