Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 21 Johnson Central 14

Featured Replies

Harlan is about a 4 hour ride. No easy way to get there.

 

Fire up the buses.:dancingpa

  • Replies 150
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would not have been an OT. JC would have gone for 2 , no doubt about it !!

 

I agree!! Coach Matney was going for win on that drive!! Two wasted time outs in the second half. One on a PAT after the fumble recovery for a TD!!! Only question I had was sitting there in the second quarter and it was 3 and 22 with a minute to go and we gain 21 yards to make it 4 and 1 on our own 40!! I was hoping Matney would go for it and not give Highlands a chance to get the ball back. We punted and they returned it to the 50, so we actually had a net of 10 yards!!! A couple of plays later the TD that killed us!!! We had a chance and that is all we could ask for. I honestly believe the state title was won here in JC tonight!! Great season JC!!!!

Great game by both teams !!

 

I was listening to the pregame show on WSIP , coach Matney was talking about all the great athletes at Highlands , and the large area that Highlands draw from. (Is Ft. Thomas a large area ? )

I was going to mention that. :cool:

I have a question; With the stud running back, why didn't JC go for two after their td's? Or at least one of their td's . And why the extra time out at the beginning of the 4th when it was 1st and 10 at about the 20 or so? The ihigh guy said Judd called the time out.:confused:

(Is Ft. Thomas a large area ? )

 

HUGE, especially when you factor the kids in that commute from Columbus, Indianapolis, and Philadelphia.:ylsuper:

I have a question; With the stud running back, why didn't JC go for two after their td's? Or at least one of their td's . And why the extra time out at the beginning of the 4th when it was 1st and 10 at about the 20 or so? The ihigh guy said Judd called the time out.:confused:

 

That time out was a KEY play I thought. (and I am an impartial observer on this one)

That time out was a KEY play I thought. (and I am an impartial observer on this one)

 

Ditto. I think JC might just have punched it in if they still had that TO to work with.

Congrats Birdies wish I could have been there! I figured the Birds could contain Jude but I thought he would have had a few more yards than what he did. On to the next one!

Great job, defense! Way to hold on for the win, Birds!

 

That was a great game. I'm glad I was able to watch it on the internet so thanks to whoever posted that information. I got my $20 worth just for that! I loved listening to the broadcasters too. They did a great job calling the game.

Sounds like the Birds really came to play defensively. I predicted this to be a high scoring affair with Highlands winning by 2 td's and Jude going for over 200. To hold him to under 100 on that many carries is very impressive.

 

Business as usual for the Birds though, I guess. Despite all the adversity this group continues to win. :ylsuper:

That time out was a KEY play I thought. (and I am an impartial observer on this one)

 

That time out was bad but not even close to the one they had to burn on a PAT!!!!

The wheels on the bus go round and round!!!!!

That was like an 8 minute drive down the field at the end. They had very poor clock management into the 2 minute mark and beyond. Even the announcers were saying they needed to move quicker. Having no timeouts really hurt them. Great, great job by the defense to deny JC!

Go Birds 20n10

HUGE, especially when you factor the kids in that commute from Columbus, Indianapolis, and Philadelphia.:ylsuper:

 

BINGO!!! (YOU FORGOT CINCINNATI AND DAYTON ) .........and don't forget Independence !!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.