Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 21 Johnson Central 14

Featured Replies

  • Author

Apparently, once again, some Blue faithful are upset with general commentary that I made. I didn't think HHS offense looked that good tonight. OK. Not great. They obviously did enough to win the game and let the defense be the stars tonight.

 

Trust me. If I can nail the CCH boys for how bad their defense was last week I can sure as heck make a general comment that seems obvious to most. For those of you that feel you must fill my PM box I'd ask you to take a step back and read my comment and notice the lack of malice. We make observations on here. Mine was as obvious as the nose on your face.

 

Again, hats off to the HHS D for their outstanding effort.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands fans thought Whitley was a treat for a trip two years ago, wait till they roll into Harlan County. Harlan plays a very interesting song to come out to...

 

Congrats to Highlands, whether people want to admit it or not they are pretty much the gold standard outside of X and T or in other word the real world.

 

How many yards is JJ have tonight?

 

A new OLD GUY?

Common theme here so far is no names mentioned on defense. These boys worked as a unit last night and it was a thing of beauty. The game plan worked to the T. Offense did what they had to do. Great job!!! Really, like TBIRDS said, could have been 28 -0. I say 28-7 because they had a really nice long, time consuming drive. There lies the problem for JC. Can't win too many coming from behind with long, time consuming drives. Just look and final drive.

 

Congrats JC players on a great season. You can tell these boys are talented.

 

Go Birds!!! 20n10!!!

 

The Defense definitely gang tackled and had 3 or more tacklers in on most plays. I could have sworn I saw #45 out there on Defense, did Sullivan play?

  • Author

Who is #21 for Highlands and how big is he? I thought he exemplified the concept of HHS D over the years - quickness instead of brawn. He has to be one of the smallest nose tackles I've seen in quite a while. Great effort by the young man.

I thought McCoy did a heck of a job last night. Is it just me or what, but wouldn't he and Towles as a backfield tandem play heck with offenses?

Also props to Beef OBrady's in Newport for streaming the game on a couple of their big flatscreens last night. Spotted an Oldbird down there intently watching.

Who is #21 for Highlands and how big is he? I thought he exemplified the concept of HHS D over the years - quickness instead of brawn. He has to be one of the smallest nose tackles I've seen in quite a while. Great effort by the young man.

 

Kevin Duanus(SP) Sr....

 

Didn't play his Soph & Jr year:madman:

Bishop and Duenas have come a long way, its nice to see them contributing to the defensive UNIT.

Noticed in the update thread that people were getting some really good updates on the game from one of our closest fans until HHS went up 14-0 before half. Must of been bedtime!!!:thumb:

Bishop and Duenas have come a long way, its nice to see them contributing to the defensive UNIT.

 

Yes Ethan almost came down with a Huge pick at the end of the game.

Someone please tell me that #42 for JC is a senior and the Birds will not have to see him again next year! Just a stud on both sides of the ball. And JJ Jude can definitely play some D as well!

...it was also one play from being tied. Or a Golden Eagle win, with a two point conversion.

 

You can look at it either way.

 

Yeah I guess you could look at it that way but I would rather look at it the way I see it. Through Blue Color glasses!!!!:D

 

Blue Color Glasses off to the JC players for never giving up and taking advantage of a couple of Highlands miscues and staying in this one.:thumb:

 

JC is one heck of a football team....

Someone please tell me that #42 for JC is a senior and the Birds will not have to see him again next year! Just a stud on both sides of the ball. And JJ Jude can definitely play some D as well!

 

#42 Bratton is a Sr.

The Defense definitely gang tackled and had 3 or more tacklers in on most plays. I could have sworn I saw #45 out there on Defense, did Sullivan play?

 

He was in for at least one play as the extra blocker on Towles' 5 yd TD run in the 4th quarter. Didn't see him on defense but did see Nienaber on defense on that last ill-fated drive by JC. Great job stepping up #53 playing some snaps on Defense!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.