Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 21 Johnson Central 14

Featured Replies

  • Replies 150
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnsonville was loaded with past football stars last night. I saw Highlands version of JJ Jude, Justin "JJ" Frisk was in the house last night watching his fellow brothers.:ylsuper: I know Uncle Dudley is still having Nightmares about that last drive in 96 on log mountain...:banana:

I wonder if the GURU still thinks this HHS team is mediocre ?

 

I can answer that for him....

 

With no disrespect intended....Yes!!!!

Trust me, Ru is a huge fan of Highlands and would never do anything to upend the apple cart....Heck, half his site are Highlands fans.:D

It does help with CVG airport nearby. Makes the commute much shorter. :p
Not really. They don't actually fly any planes out of there anymore. :cool:

I don't think Harlan County has a Running Back the caliber of a Marty Reagan. However, they are still a very physical football team.

Congrats to HHS and good luck winning it all. Also congrats on another great year for JC and look forward to next years team.

HHS D needed to look at any drive over 10 plays for JC as a victory (whether JC scored or not). As it turned out, both of JC's 1st 2 drives were over 10 plays, long, time-consuming and ended up with measurements on 4th down that were short. Lots of investment with no return beyond field position change.

 

As LN has said many times before, in the "grind it out" 1 dimensional offense, any penalties (there were VERY few), turnovers (none) or negative or no gain plays (enough) create difficult down and distance situations (3rd & 5 or more). Failing to convert 1 of these turns the ball over.

 

1st and 3rd TOs by JC were critical. Even if you don't have the correct personnel for the XP after the fumble return, take the 5 yd. delay of game penalty and then kick the XP as normal. The 3rd TO was called on a 1st & 10 immediately after the ball was set ready (meaning they had a full 25 seconds for a 1st down play). Unless his kids were totally gassed, not a good TO.

 

On the missed 3rd down pass at the end, it appeared the ref was waiving incomplete that the receiver was OB even if he had held onto it. I was very far away, so I'm not sure about that -- just reading the body language of the ref.

 

Games like Ryle 2010, St. X 2009, Bryan Station 2008 and 5 playoff games per year for the past 3 yrs. showed in the last 2 drives. HHS did what was needed (even on 4th down) and got the TD when they had to have it. JC moved the ball and got in position but were unable to close the deal.

Anybody have the time of possession for both teams?

Final from Paintsville.

 

They'll be talking about that 3rd down pass for quite some time in Paintsville.

 

Nah....

 

I don't think so!

I think they are saying to themselves, glad we had a 3rd down on that series. Just like JC almost scored, HHS almost sealed the game on the play before with a near Int.

 

Kind of a wash if you ask me!!!:thumb:

 

Like I said earlier, 1 turnover from a min 28 point game. JC would of been down 21 with about 5 to go in the 3rd and forced to go to the air.

It would of been game-set-match.

 

JC's players never quit!!

Nah....

 

I don't think so!

I think they are saying to themselves, glad we had a 3rd down on that series. Just like JC almost scored, HHS almost sealed the game on the play before with a near Int.

 

Kind of a wash if you ask me!!!:thumb:

 

Like I said earlier, 1 turnover from a min 28 point game. JC would of been down 21 with about 5 to go in the 3rd and forced to go to the air.

It would of been game-set-match.

 

JC's players never quit!!

 

Exactly correct! Also add the 4th down big D play by a couple of Birds when you watch the tape. There were some huge plays both on defense and offense in that game for HHS. It's a different perspective being at the game, than watching it at Beef O'Bradys. Also, heard that some HHS players really enjoyed the JC music. Some HHS players that are UK fans, said that during the coin flip and while running onto the field, the music was the same that they play at every UK football game prior to kickoff. I heard they were slapping high fives and really got pumped up when they heard it.

Edited by Birdsfan

I was listening to the iHigh broadcast. The announcer was talking about the Bowden kid and said it was the grandson of Bobby Bowden. He then said his parents don't even live in the area and went on to say he lived in the dormitory up there! Who writes their material?

I was listening to the iHigh broadcast. The announcer was talking about the Bowden kid and said it was the grandson of Bobby Bowden. He then said his parents don't even live in the area and went on to say he lived in the dormitory up there! Who writes their material?
Heard that too. I guess the news gets a little skewed by the time it gets down that way. :cool:
I was listening to the iHigh broadcast. The announcer was talking about the Bowden kid and said it was the grandson of Bobby Bowden. He then said his parents don't even live in the area and went on to say he lived in the dormitory up there! Who writes their material?

 

LOL!!! That is good stuff right there. Hmmm, maybe a little "old" fella left some material behind. LOL!!! Again great stuff. Dormitory! HAHAHA!!! We call them Condos up North!

Heard that too. I guess the news gets a little skewed by the time it gets down that way. :cool:

 

You have got to be kidding me.....Really!!!

 

Where are these dormitories at......

 

Would of loved to been a fly on the wall in JC's locker room for the pregame speech!!! Classic and Clueless....

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.