Trinity 48 Manual 13

fatsnbul

Beatty should have taken a knee. Period. He didn't. Why? Because he was picking a fight? No. He was answering one that Manual started before and during the first game. Should Beatty have turned the other cheek? I think so. Did he? No. Was Beatty wrong? Yes. Was Manual's AD David Zuberer far more wrong on several fronts both before and after last night's game? Most definitely! T hater's don't want to hear it, but Manual picked the fight (and tried on several occasions to instigate melees with T players when the game was decided). Did it justify what Beatty did? No. Was the Manual AD a little more over the edge because his son played on the team? Probably.

Great post.

I would like to add ... Will Coach Lampley or Dr. Mullen tell Coach Beatty to knock it off? I hope so. Trinity is better than that.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was Manual doing that was so provocative? I was listening to the game on the radio and the Trinity announcers didn't mention any behavior that would provoke conflict between the coaching staffs (other than curious playcalling with a 4 TD lead in the final minute).

I don't know what Beatty thought he was accomplishing by calling that timeout and ramming one more score in (teaching Manual some kind of lesson?), because it makes people sympathetic toward Manual and really made him look like a jerk.

I was standing in the end zone and I remember two particular end of plays. Both by a manual linebacker (same one actually). First play the trinity player is tackled and instead of letting him up he makes sure to hit the ball out of the trinity players hand a good 3 seconds after the play is over. The very next play he is not letting a trinity ball carrier up off the ground. There were many more other than that. I lEft shortly after those plays tho. Both times officials had to step in and talk to manual players.

What was Manual doing that was so provocative? I was listening to the game on the radio and the Trinity announcers didn't mention any behavior that would provoke conflict between the coaching staffs (other than curious playcalling with a 4 TD lead in the final minute).

I don't know what Beatty thought he was accomplishing by calling that timeout and ramming one more score in (teaching Manual some kind of lesson?), because it makes people sympathetic toward Manual and really made him look like a jerk.

Was Bobby Redmon a jerk when he was padding Chris's stats with long throws late in games?

Classless act.

Beatty is a 50 plus adult who is supposed to set examples. Instead, he embarasses 16-18 year old kids. What a great leader. Now maybe we know why there are so few seniors.

Coach Lampley would beat your brains in, but not embarass you at the end like this.

The T administration should be embarassed, and should issue a public apology.

Will T beat my Tigers this Friday? Probably.

Are they the "Class" of the Blugrass? Definitely.......Not.

Beatty should have taken a knee. Period. He didn't. Why? Because he was picking a fight? No. He was answering one that Manual started before and during the first game. Should Beatty have turned the other cheek? I think so. Did he? No. Was Beatty wrong? Yes. Was Manual's AD David Zuberer far more wrong on several fronts both before and after last night's game? Most definitely! T hater's don't want to hear it, but Manual picked the fight (and tried on several occasions to instigate melees with T players when the game was decided). Did it justify what Beatty did? No. Was the Manual AD a little more over the edge because his son played on the team? Probably.

I'll start off by saying, I am a Trinity graduate, Class of 1994. SF, I completely agree with everything in your post. I was disappointed with Coach's decision and think he should have taken a knee in the final minute. At some point you have to take the high road, no matter how much another coach ticks you off.

I'll start off by saying, I am a Trinity graduate, Class of 1994. SF, I completely agree with everything in your post. I was disappointed with Coach's decision and think he should have taken a knee in the final minute. At some point you have to take the high road, no matter how much another coach ticks you off.

Well stated.

Classless act.

Beatty is a 50 plus adult who is supposed to set examples. Instead, he embarasses 16-18 year old kids. What a great leader. Now maybe we know why there are so few seniors.

Coach Lampley would beat your brains in, but not embarass you at the end like this.

The T administration should be embarassed, and should issue a public apology.

Will T beat my Tigers this Friday? Probably.

Are they the "Class" of the Blugrass? Definitely.......Not.[/QU

While I am not defending the decision to call a timeout, to have someone from the x camp talking about our coach not showing class is one the most laughable posts in the history of BGP. Nice try though.

Well stated.

Thanks.

People are going to think what they want about Coach Beatty, for or against him, and there isn't a thing I, you or anybody else in Louisville or BGP can say to change their minds. That's the way it is and everyone needs to accept it. However, there is more to Trinity High School than its head football coach. There are thousands people (alumni, students, teachers, parents, and coaches included) who carry themselves with dignity, class, and respect on a daily basis (including the head football coach on most occasions).

But did NewCath score?

We are talking 30 seconds...not 5 minutes. If you are up by that margin with 30 seconds to go...you lineup in Victory and call it a day. It's called respect for your opponent....something I would expect to be taught at any high school but ESPECIALLY at a school "like" Trinity.

Pathetic display. Sorry.

-CardinalsFan

I have no idea, but I would venture to guess that it was a second or third string kid that scored. Do you think the touchdown was meaningless to him? Should the kid not try and score? I can see your argument if it was a pass thrown, but not a run.

I have no idea, but I would venture to guess that it was a second or third string kid that scored. Do you think the touchdown was meaningless to him? Should the kid not try and score? I can see your argument if it was a pass thrown, but not a run.

Get in the victory formation. Wining with class is more important than a kids ego late in a game that was well in hand. That is what is wrong with society. When do we concern oursleves over an individuals late game stats when his team won. What example does a kid learn when he see's his coach take a knee to end a game and not run up the score on a defeated foe? Don't you think that is a greater thing for kids to see as oppossed to a third stringer scoring to add more points to a final with 30 second left?